I want to make her happy

~Chapter 189~
I want to make her happy

Chases POV:
Yes I paid. I paid for Bo. After all he is supposed to be our dog... but that's not the reason I did it. I know Charli would be sad about this, I know she's probably just as hurt as I am right now... Might as well do something to make her day a little better... in any way.

She probably hates me even more now, she hates when I pay for things... I'm sure she will be fine with it now...

I'm pretty much broke now. I think I might have to move... get a new job... I can't afford anything now. That surgery sure was expensive but I hope it can force a smile on her face, a beautiful smile like that doesn't deserve to be hidden from the world.

Long story short, I hope this makes her happy. Happier at least.

My phone started ringing and I looked at it-

No! Please no can't go back?? I can't go back?!  I love my mom of course... but this isn't her... she knows it's not..

Chase: "hello"
I signed answering the phone

I've had a hard day...maybe it will be easy to talk to my mom about it... it won't... she doesn't even remember me. It will be like a stranger talking to her about their life.

Charlis POV:
He paid for Bo's surgery? Why? Why would he do that?! It cost a fortune and no matter how much I hate him, I don't want him to be homeless.

Il probably end up paying half... it's too expensive. Il probably even pay full. I can't let him pay when I have money and he doesn't.

Im Just confused why he is doing this? I broke up with him. I'd assume he'd hate me with passion. Not pay for my bills?

Charli: "Chase paid my bill?"

Am I hearing this correctly?

Vet: "he's paid for most of it, he is giving the rest through out the next few months"

He's that poor. He's that poor he can't even pay for it all? I can't let him do this

Charli: "I'm paying, not him. Cancel his please"
Vet: "miss, are you sure?"

Im signed as the owner so I get to do what I want. And I want to pay. So yes I'm sure.

Charli: "Il pay right now"

I took out my check book and wrote a check for 15 thousand dollars

That's nothing for me. Nothing. I wouldn't make a normal living person pay for that. It's too expensive.

I gave him the check

Charli: "send his money back to him. Okay?"

He nodded

Vet: "yes Mame. Are you ready to do the surgery? I will squeeze you in right now if you want? It's now or..."

He looked at his paper

Vet: "3 months"

Oh my gosh- why is this place so busy??

Charli: "now please..."

I'm scared but It's alright. I can do this. Bo can do this.

They are actually gonna take out his eyes... wow. This is a big surgery.

They took the leash out of my hand

Charli: "WAIT."

Jeez. Why they taking him so quick

I went down to Bo and pet him

Charli: "good luck"

He licked my face and I smiled
They took him away

Il wait here. Il wait for him.

I sat down in the waiting area and looked at the person beside me with a magazine shoved up in their face-

Oh my god- no it isn't-

Charli: "Fernando??"

He slowly put the magazine down-

Charli: "how many times will I tell you to stop stalking me?!"

I don't know how many times he is gonna show up but I've had enough. This is legit the 12th time he's shown up uninvited?!

Fernando: "Charli! I didn't know you'd be here?"

Yes he did.

Charli: "yes you did! Why are you here?! Again??"
Fernando: "because I truly believe that last night meant something."

It didn't??

Charli: "it didn't mean anything?? Just like you don't mean anything to me?? Please just leave me alone."

I'm getting a restraining order

Fernando: "there's only one way to find out if it meant anything"

I don't need to find out?! I already know!

Fernando: "we have to kiss"

No.

Charli: "first of all no, second of all we are at a vet, third of all-"

He kissed me-

What the fuck??

I pushed him off of me and slapped him

Charli: "what is wrong with you?!"

Everyone looked at me

Fernando: "i thought-"
Charli: "you thought what?? You thought it was Opposite Day?? You thought no means yes??"

Now I would get up and find somewhere else to sit but there's no other places to sit.

Charli: "you don't even have a pet?? You can't be here??"
Fernando: "well you can't kick me out"

I'm just gonna ignore him. He wants me to give him attention.

I laid back in my seat and closed my eyes

I'm gonna guess this surgery is at least gonna take a few hours. Might as well go to sleep now. I got no sleep last night.

I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep

Chases POV:
Maybe I should go to the vet.
I know Charli told me she didn't want to see me but what if she wants someone to talk to while Bo is getting surgery? He's my dog too right?

I should go. For her. Then I'll leave and we will never see each other again.

I quickly walked to my car and got inside.
I turned it on and then started driving.

This is a good idea right?
Probably not.

I arrived a the vet a few minutes later and I parked the car. I got out of my car and walked to the door.

I opened the door and looked at the seats in the waiting room only to see Charli asleep with her head on Fernando's shoulder...

Oh... I see... she's moved on already...

I quickly turned around and exited the vet

A/n
Aw 🥲 poor chase?

Anyways, so yes I'm probably gonna be posting this early because my flights at 10:30pm and Il have no wifi on the plane.

Omg only 10 chapters left
😭😭 I'm so sad

Chapters left - 10
Word count - 1050