Let go of her

~Chapter 118~
Let go of her

Time skip ⏭
4 months later

Chases POV:
I grabbed my box of stuff and brought it over to my couch.
I emptied it looking at all of the things inside.

A card a got from my birthday
A flower that had died 4 months ago
A necklace and 3 shirts left at my house
A laptop I got for my birthday
A note that I had gotten one day that said "thanks for everything" that was left for me
A framed picture from 2012

All things that meant something to me. All things that had a meaning.

I walked over to my fire place

Mason: "just do it"

I looked at him

Chase: "it's not that's easy??"

Mason is my cousin. I reached out to him awhile ago when I had nobody. My uncle and aunt hate me for what I did to my family but Mason is the only person willing to forgive me.

I've he came down here, he moved in with me and now we are practically best friends even though he is 10 years older than me he's the only family I have right now...

Mason: "is she even that special anyways-"
Chase: "yes! She is! This is all I have left of her and your making me burn the stuff??"

It's Christmas time... and I'm alone... he insisted that if I let go of this box... maybe il let go of her...

Mason: "I'm not making you do anything, you're doing this not me"

I willing to try anything to stop thinking about her

Mason: "charli never called you back?? Think about that-"
Chase: "don't say that name!!"

I try not to think about it.
She completely abandoned me... she told me it was a break but it was a break up... she dumped me and I didn't even get to give a proper goodbye?

I thought she meant a few days... but I think she actually meant a forever...

I called her a few days later and she told me she wanted to wait little longer...
So I waited all day... I didn't get a call back... I waited weeks with no call... and now months...

Mason: "saying her name will not change anything. Just throw the stuff in the fire before I do. Just think about all the horrible things she's done to you? She took away your daughter"

That wasn't her fault??
Even though Lydia isn't gonna be with her all the time I know she loves Lydia. And I know that she'd do anything to keep her but we cant. So I'm not gonna blame her for that.

Her parents told me I'm allowed to call Lydia once a week... so it's not that bad...

I looked at the stuff one more time-
I caught a glance of a framed photo on top of the fire place of mason and I

Chase: "when did you put that photo there?"

He shrugged

I quickly grabbed the frame and opened it- his photo was over lapping another-

I pulled out the photo
It was covering a different photo

I pulled out the photo It was covering a different photo