74

Jayden

Jess: Jay, I'm pregnant.
Me: Not this shit again.
Jess: This time, I decided not to say anything until I knew for sure whose it was. I know whose.
Me: And whose is it?
Jess: It's Deon's...
Me: Oh thank God! Does he know?
Jess: Not yet. And I don't want him to.
Me: What? That's your whole ass husband.
Jess: If he's doing all this shit they're saying he's doing, I'm leaving him Jay. And I'm not keeping this baby.
Me: Jess...
Jess: This is too much.
Me: Do you feel like you're looking for a way out so you can be with Garrett?
Jess: I don't know. Maybe...but I just can't fathom him doing this. I can't help but think that if it all this is true, that he's sleeping with these women too. I simply will not be made a fool of like that. And I know I sound like a hypocrite because of Garrett. But he's one person that I know. These are strangers. Multiple. No. I can't do it.
Me: So you're just going to get rid of it before you even know?
Jess: I mean...I don't have much time. My OB says I'm ten weeks and if I'm going to do it, I have about ten more weeks. But I'll be showing by then and then it'll be too late. I can't wait that long. It'll get too messy. Neither of them can know. Not unless I know he's innocent and all this goes away.
Me: And if he is?
Jess: I'll break it off with Garrett. Forever.
Me: You're gonna be able to do that?
Jess: I'll have to...I know I'm playing with fire and I'm bound to get burned.
Me: Jesus. I'm so sorry all this is happening. The Deon stuff...the untimely pregnancy...
Jess: I just need you to stick beside me, sis. And not judge me.
Me: Babe, you know I wouldn't do that. And you know I'll be by your side the whole way.
Jess: Thank you.
Me: So you don't think he's innocent?
Jess: Do you?
Me: Honestly, I don't know. Cam seems to think he is. But that's his boy. His judgement may be clouded. I hope he is.
Jess: I hope so too.