36

Deon,
I'm really glad we decided to take it slow. This time has allowed us to grow in friendship and in love. I've gotten to watch you love Morgan and build a genuine relationship with her and she loves you so much...almost as much as I love you. I hope that our love continues to blossom.

Love,
Jessica

It had been two weeks since Deon and Cameren has discussed the proposal. Jayden and Cam had officially sold their home and moved into their new home. They were still unpacking and getting settled, and Cam wanted to take a night off to go on a date. He called Auntie Faith to come babysit the twins and had Jayden get dressed up so he could take her out to dinner.

Jayden dressed up in a loose fitting fuschia colored dress with some sandals. Cam wore olive green denim pants with olive Timbs and a black Polo shirt.

When they got ready to head out, Jayden was shocked to find that Cam had gotten them a car for the night. They walked down the sidewalk, leading to an all Black Tahoe short limo with dark tinted windows. He opened the back seat door for her to find Jess and Deon already in the car.

Jayden: Babe...

Cam: We're going on a double date tonight.

Jayden: And you didn't tell me?!

Jess: I didn't know until we got here. I kept asking Deon where we were going, then when we pulled up here I didn't know what the hell was going on.

Cam: A well planned surprised for our beautiful women.

They drove off headed to dinner at reunion tower. The girls laughed and snapped photos the entire way there. They shared a wonderful dinner with wine and dessert, before heading off to their next excursion, a walk along Lakeside Park. Both couples held hands as they walked along the trail to a lit gazebo. Deon led Jess over.

Deon: That's a dope spot to take photos. Jayden will you...

She interrupted.

Jayden: Of course.

Jess was absolutely glowing, and completely oblivious to what was about to happen.

Deon placed his arm around her waist and kissed her forehead. "You look so good, baby."

She stood in a bright gold jumpsuit with purple pumps. Her hair styled in beautiful goddess locs, edges slayed to the gods. Her skin glowed with a Golden brown bronzer, freshly manicured nails and all.

Deon winked at Cam. He checked his phone to make sure Kendrick was in position. He'd received a text from "Ready, fam." Deon took Jess' hands in his.

Deon: Hey, babe..."

Jess: Yeah?

Deon: I...um...I'm shaking in my damn draws right now.

Jess looked confused. "Oh my God, Camerennn!" Jayden did a happy dance. "Is he proposing? Oh my God, baaabe!" Cam smiled at her. She punched him in the arm. "Why didn't you tell me?!" "Sshhh..." Jayden started recording on her phone.

Deon: Baby, I love you so much and you have made the last year and a half of my life the most fulfilling time of my life. You have showered me with love and you have encouraged me, and you deserve every gift that God gives you. You have such a beautiful heart and I love you so much. For months, I tried to think of the most romantic, meaningful night for you so that I could do this.

Jess: Oh my God...

Jess looked at Jayden who was overwhelmingly giddy at this point. Deon dropped to one knee and pulled a 2.5 carat oval halo diamond ring from his pocket. Jessica gasped. "Deonnnn..." Kendrick appeared from behind a nearby tree, snapping photos. Jess put her hand over her mouth.

Deon: Jessica, you have the purest soul I have ever seen. You are such a beautiful selfless human being. You're kind and affectionate and empathetic. And because of who are, you've made me a better man. Getting to be a part of Morgan's life has been the greatest gift to me and I love that little girl like she's my own. You've shown me a love that I would have never known, had you not walked into my life. I want to continue writing our forever love story. I would like the honor and privilege to be your husband and Morgan's stepfather, and I need to know, will you accept and be my wife?

Tears flowed down Jess' cheeks.

Jess: Of course I will!

Deon slid the ring onto her finger and pulled himself up off the ground. He picked her up and spun her in the air, kissing her lips and hugged her tightly. Kendrick snapped photos of their embrace. "I love you!" "I love you so much, Jess. You are such a blessing to me."

Jayden sprinted over to her. Jess wiped the tears from her eyelids trying not to smear her makeup.

Jess: Did you know?!

Jayden: I didn't. Cam was tight lipped. I'm so happy for you, sis.

Jess: Thank you, baby!

They hugged and Jess flashed her ring. Jayden took a selfie on her phone. "My best friend, sister, and baby mama is gonna be someone's fine ass wife!" She posted the proposal video and a photo of Jess jumping in Deon's arms.

Jayden: I can't believe you knew and didn't tell me.

Cam: You would've spilled the beans.

Jayden: Nuh uh!