8

Deon: What it do, baby boy?!

I walked in to the bar to meet Kendrick and Deon for a guys night. We hung out once every two weeks at pool hall in downtown for drinks. We dapped up and I took off my jacket and tossed it across a chair.

Me: Wassup, bro?! Wassup, Kendrick?! Y'all niggas ready to lose tonight?
Deon: Niggas walk in talking shit.

Waitress: Can I get you guys some drinks started?
Me: Yeah, let me get three Heinekens for me and my boys and I want some of those cheese fries.
Waitress: You got it! I'll be right back.

Me: What's been up with y'all, man?!
Kendrick: Nothing much, bro. I've been on the road. I had two weddings in two weeks. You?
Me: I've been chillin' on it, bro. I...uhh...I been kicking it with the chick from the gym.
Kendrick: Ahh man! The fine one?!
Me: Yes, bro! I finally locked her down!
Kendrick: But did you knock her down?!
Me: I did that too!
Deon: Ahhh boy, you ain't doing nothing!

The waitress brought back our drinks while Deon wracked the balls. I took a huge gulp of my drink.

Me: Ya girl is in love though.
Deon: Nigga shut up!
Me: I'm serious! Why you hating witcho single ass?!
Deon: I'm not hating. I just don't believe you, bro. You expect me to believe you went from being all shy and shit at the gym to now y'all fucking?
Me: Yessssss! I'm in there!
Deon: Fuck outta here, bro!

My phone started buzzing in my pocket. I checked my watch and it's her calling. "This her right here. Hold up." I pulled out my phone and answered it, sitting down in a nearby chair against the way and taking another sip of my beer. "Hello?" I answered in a low voice tryna not to let these niggas hear me.

Deon: Ahhh this nigga done turned on his low sexy voice. He finna start caking! This is men's night! Hang that up.

"Shut up, bro," I said waving him off.
Jayden: Hi...what are you up to?
Me: I'm out with the fellas, whooping they ass in pool. What are you doing, baby?
Jayden: I was just cooking a chicken tortilla soup for dinner.
Me: That sounds good.

Deon came and plopped in the chair talking shit and mocking me. " Take yo ass over there, nigga," I said laughing at him and shooing him away. Kendrick was cracking up as he took his shot in pool.

Me: You want me to stop by later on after I'm done here.
Jayden: If you want to...
Deon: You want me to stop by?

He imitated me in a mushy voice and pretend to jack off.
Me: Can you hear my dumb ass best friend in the background?
Jayden: Yeah...what's he saying?
Me: Nothing...I'm glad you can't hear him. He's childish. But look, ima let you know when I leave here okay?
Jayden: Alright...
Me: You gon save me some?
Jayden: And dessert too.
Me: Mmm...I gotta go, okay?
Jayden: Okay...

I hung up the phone as Deon pulled his phone out of his pocket pretending to talk on the phone. "Yeah,

Me: You're a damn idiot, you know that! You didn't use to be this childish! Just for that, hurry up and beat him Kendrick cuz Ima whoop his ass next.
Deon: I'm just fucking with you!