Chapter 4

Zenchu was quick to move and gather up Mitsumi into his arms to carry her back to the apartment complex. Saitama and Genos were close behind, and Rendor moved over to talk to them. "Where are you staying?"

"Hmm? Oh. That place," Saitama said and pointed the complex they were heading to. "Sixth floor. Third room on the left."

"We are on the fourth floor and two doors down on the left from the main stairs. We were thinking of taking a few of the rooms next to us on either side for building supply needs and extra space," Rendor said calmly.

"Nice. If you need help, let me know," Saitama nodded.

"Master, are we really going to ally with them?" Genos frowned.

"Why not?" Saitama asked and continued walking. "They aren't hurting us. They want to help others. If they go against that and start attacking then we know that we can take them out. They even told us where they are. They aren't hiding. That tells me that they are extremely different. I'm willing to give them a chance. The girl here is in trouble. Big trouble from what I have seen and witnessed so far. And she clearly cares about them. If they are her family, why would we take that from her?"

"Oh," Genos seemed to pause in thought.

"I'm kinda glad I don't have to just punch out a monster to prove a point. If monsters want to find a way to become human again, then fine," Saitama shrugged. "If there are any that don't care, well..."

"I understand," Genos nodded and continued to walk with him. I do worry about Sweet Mask, though. He may kill them without a second thought. Other heroes would do the same, too. If Master believes that these monsters should be protected, then I will not argue with it.

"What's your story?" Fumio asked Genos.

"My family and village were slaughtered by a rogue cyborg. I vowed to hunt it down to destroy it," Genos said.

"Oh!" Fumio gasped.

"If you find it, we can help. If you need the help, that is," Kamiko said. "We don't mind playing as bait. It's a bit fun!"

"Thank you. I will consider it," Genos nodded.

"Oh, let me introduce you to my family," Mitsumi said. She had the group pause, and she calmly introduced each one by name and had them step forward. Saitama looked at each one closely and nodded. Nine in all. I might be able to remember their names. Their features are all different. So...I'll see how it goes.

"There you are!" a harsh voice rang out. The small group turned to see Beetlemeister there. "I lived through all of that...to find you all..."

"For what purpose?" Mitsumi asked softly. Now the stag beetle monster paused. "Why do this to yourself? Do you hold regrets?"

"Hmm..." Zenchu thought aloud.

"I hold nothing! I am not done with my fight! You! The tall human with the hair! You and me! Right here! Right now!" the monster roared.

"Hey. Saitama. You want to take care of him?" Zenchu asked.

"He asked for you," Saitama said with gesture. "If he still stands after you take him on, then fine. I'll clean it up."

"Fine," Zenchu grumbled and handed Mitsumi over to Rendor. When Rendor curled back his lip to snarl at the bug man, he was quickly calmed by Mitsumi's hand caressing his muzzle.

"Master?" Genos frowned.

"It's not my fight," Saitama shrugged.

"Why do you call him master?" Kamiko asked.