Chapter 35

The humidity was the first thing felt when Inichi let them loose in the hot jungle air. Kamiko was quick to start tasting the air for any familiar scents before leading the others along. Mitsumi was being carried by Saitama now, and she was extremely concerned for Kamiko's safety. "You know where to go?"

"I think so. It feels...familiar around here," Kamiko admitted.

"Who gave you the charm?" Genos asked.

"It's weird. It's like...I found it on my path around the place. A shaman around here said it was a blessing and a curse when I showed it to him. That it called itself to me. He warned me that I could not leave the jungles with it. I had to leave it behind. And I know I did!" Kamiko frowned. "But...it was in my carry bag on the plane home. I figured I'd just keep it...but maybe I should have left it on the plane. All I remember after that was stepping off the plane and blacking out the moment my feet hit the runway pavement."

"And now?" Genos asked.

"I don't feel any different. But...maybe if we can find that shaman..." she mused aloud. "Inichi, can you read my thoughts to find him?"

"I've been sensing for any thoughts within a five mile radius the moment we arrived. I am sensing...nothing out of the ordinary," Inichi frowned hard. "Let me get an aerial view. I'll be right back."

"Want me to help?" Tatsumaki asked.

"Not just yet," Inichi said and continued to float upwards. "Thank you for the offer, though!"

"Hmm," Saitama frowned and continued to keep Mitsumi close. Several minutes later, Inichi formed a bubble around the group to carry them off.

"Hey! I wish he'd warn us beforehand..." Kamikaze frowned.

"Look!" Tacki blinked and saw the natives that were encroaching on them suddenly. Inichi now hovered a bit lower and thought to them calmly. Kamiko was now gestured to. "What's going on?"

"I'm...mentally conversing with them. I didn't hear them at first due to them being able to blend their thoughts in with natural wildlife. It's interesting! It was when I heard the need to attack that I realized what was going to happen. They understand that we are no threat now and only seeking answers. They are quite amazed with me, of course. But they are concerned about you, Kamiko. They know what has you bound down," Inichi said.

"They do?!" Kamiko gasped.

"Yes. They will lead us to their shaman. The same one that tried to warn you before. However, I will carry you all. I am strong enough," Inichi nodded. Zenchu was now studying the terrain and where they were. Even Rendor was taking in the sights from being an explorer.

"Better than a video game?" Kianna giggled at King.

"Well...as long as I know we're safe..." King admitted. "I usually don't get out too much."

"Eh. I should have Iaian try to come out here at some point," Kamikaze thought aloud. "The weather is enough to cut through anything with heat exhaustion. What do you think, Bang?"

"Oh? It's true. Some of the trees would make excellent wood for a dojo, though," Bang mused. "I'm sure all of this is protected, anyways."

"It wouldn't hurt to ask," Saitama said and pressed a kiss to Mitsumi's cheek. It was another five minute flight before they were all set down carefully in the middle of a village. The shaman was waiting, and he moved straight up to Kamiko. He wore a tribal hat of feathers, a leather loincloth and multiple necklaces of animal teeth. He gestured to see her hands, and she opened them up. Now he pointed at a small imprint of a chameleon.