Chapter 111

Anno was the one to announce that dinner was ready, and Inichi helped serve out each heaped plate swiftly the moment it was filled. Metal Knight's robot was able to carry away a vast amount of food for him and Siren now, too. Everyone had the ability to get seconds and thirds, much to Garou's delight. Overgrown Rover was given a small bowl of delicately grilled organ meat from the deer, as well as other choice cuts of meat. A few bones were even added for it to gnaw on contentedly. Saitama and Mitsumi were greatly enjoying their shared plate of various cuisines and intense flavors.

"Hmm..." Saitama thought aloud and let her snuggle into him after setting aside the empty plate. "Not quite late enough for bed, but not early enough in the day to do much else. Maybe we can nap a bit more. In bed."

"We may as well call it a night, then. Ah. Maybe we should. We have the assessment to do in the early morning," she frowned.

"Eh...yeah. We do, don't we? Okay. We'll chill for a bit longer and then go to bed," Saitama nodded. "Unless something changes."

"Hey," Zenchu said on walking over. "Wind Crane is doing better, but we'll need a constant supply of heat on those eggs. She wants to do the assessment with you both when it happens."

"Tacki was making blankets just for that! I'm sure we can set up a small heating system, too," Mitsumi smiled. "And congratulations, Zenchu!"

"Get promise rings for the two of you," Saitama said.

"Oh! Ah...right," Zenchu chuckled and nodded. "I'm still trying to process all of this. It's a totally different feeling for me."

"A bit of advice," Kamiko said when she walked over to him. "When the eggs start to hatch, you and Wind Crane should be the first ones they see in case of imprinting. Then the rest of us can meet them. I'm sure we'll get to see the eggs at some point tomorrow, but Wind Crane does need to rest. Those eggs had some very interesting colors!"

"Oh! We should see if the shells can also make different crystals after the babies hatch!" Tacki grinned.

"We can do that," Zenchu nodded. Mitsumi smiled softly and found herself looking away. Saitama glanced at her and noticed subtle signs.

"Everything okay?" Okada asked. Kodama could definitely see that Mitsumi was feeling exhaustion now. Fumio was also concerned, but he knew he would be heading to bed shortly after they did. He already made sure that Tareo would always be welcomed back with no issues. The two boys liked each other and planned to do online gaming the moment they could.

"We'll be back in a few. Not going to bed yet. Maybe. We'll see if it comes to that. Fumio, you may need to be with us tomorrow. If we don't come back out, you need to get ready for bed," Saitama said and lifted her up in his arms from the chair to carry her into their apartment fourth floor room. Fumio nodded and chuckled at his parents. Black Sperm was planning to bed down in Fumio's room, too, to help protect him. Overgrown Rover looked up and abandoned its chew bone to trot after them. When they got to the bedroom, Saitama looked down at it. "Sit. Stay here."

It sat down and cocked its head at him. When he kicked the door shut, it grumbled. Then it started to whine and scratch at the base of the door.

"We should let it in," Mitsumi chuckled and groaned softly from the hungry kiss Saitama gave her.

"No. Not yet," he muttered and kissed her even more intensely. Then he winced at the sharp whine it let out. "Stop that! We'll let you in shortly! Not yet! Geez! What the hell?!"

"Love, you left it behind for two weeks. Can you blame it?" she frowned. "And it may end up digging through the door to get to us. Just make a place for it to be in. It's very smart. It's a monster! I'm sure it will be fine."