Chapter 86

The next morning was nearly the same routine. Mitsumi woke up to Saitama's advances again. All through the night, he woke her up this way. He made sure to let her get some sleep, though, when he knew he could. He was able to distract himself with television shows at a low volume with her sleeping deeply next to him after each needy run.

"I'm so tired..." Mitsumi winced and shivered.

"I..." Saitama grimaced and squeezed her. "I'm sorry..."

"I know. I know you can't help it. But..." she frowned. Now he felt something click in the back of his mind at long last.

"Okay. You're suffering. I'm not supposed to hurt you. At all. Sleep. I know I won't do anything to wake you up for a good hour. The moment you tell me that you're hurting is when I know I can give leeway. I still have to be with you, but I won't wake you. Sleep, love," he said gently and kissed her forehead. She fell right back into a deep sleep shortly after that. He nudged Inichi right after.

:Mr. Saitama? Is everything well?: Inichi asked carefully.

:I kept Mitsumi up practically all night. My power is FINALLY letting her sleep after she let me know she was suffering. If anyone needs to come in, you need to tell me. Very little to no noise right now. She has to sleep.: Saitama stressed. Inichi was already agreeing to this and was quick to set a small note on the doorway.

:Zenchu is asking if you need anything to eat right now.: Inichi said.

:Yeah. But I don't want to wake up Mitsumi, either. Bring me something soft to eat for now. Nothing crunchy. And a soda.: Saitama agreed.

:And I discovered what Garou was truly looking for. It was a place to call home.: Inichi chuckled.

:I can understand that. And I'm relieved that we can talk like this with Mitsumi asleep. I can hear you...fairly clearly again. But it may change when she wakes up. Likely from the power shifting to let her sleep.: Saitama mused in though. :Not gonna question it.:

:I fully agree. Zenchu is ready to walk in and set down a tray.: Inichi advised. Saitama agreed and watched Zenchu walk in swiftly to set down the small table with the tray on it. Right after he left, Saitama took up the chopsticks to eat quietly.

"What are you eating?" Mitsumi asked when the delicious aroma woke her.

"Ah...you need to sleep," Saitama said.

"I will after I try what you're eating," she giggled and got fed an ultra-soft strip of Wagyu beef. They ended up feeding each other, and he only sighed with contentment while he sipped his soda. He ended up sharing that with her and letting her snuggle in to him. "Do you think we can try bathing?"

"Hmm. Maybe..." he mused.

"We'll use the bathroom, join back up in the tub and set the water," she said. "I really need a bath. It will make me feel better."

"Five minutes. Quick," Saitama nodded and was able to separate from her. They moved swiftly to set the water, use the bathroom and settle in the tub together while it was still filling up. "Very close call..."

"Hmm?" she asked and ran a finger down his chest. He growled and kissed her in a hungry, ravenous way before turning to glare with complete irritation at the door. She simply took her finger to place on his chin to move his head back to her. "Not important. Ignore them. I want your attention right now."

"Whatever you say," he grinned and kissed her again. It was ten minutes later that they were able to carefully scrub each other down.

"Remember, love. It's our day off from the restaurant today. If you hear them, let them enjoy themselves. Okay?" she smiled warmly and gently rinsed him off. He sighed and nodded.