Chapter 148

"Orotsu! I wanna see those people in the kitchen squirm!" Tacki said when Wind Crane landed with him on the roof of the Hero Association building.

"You and I both. I need to test out some craving recipes. Shall we?" Orotsu chuckled. He saw that Rendor and Tatsumaki were going to join them to ensure nothing would go wrong. Kamikaze rolled his eyes, but he was going to be with Tacki regardless of what happened.

"Oh. We had that frozen monster, didn't we?" Saitama frowned.

"I am bringing her now," Inichi said while focusing in his hovering monster form. "Tangled Vine may need to release her to me, though."

"I can do that," Tangled Vine said and focused to release the hold on the ice prison. "All yours now."

"I have it. We will need to secure it once it gets here," Inichi warned.

"I'm here, so I'll handle that," Blue Ripple said.

"Same!" Bright Bolt said when he landed.

"I'm curious what she wanted with my puppy," Mitsumi sniffed and scooped up Overgrown Rover to cuddle it. It whined in response and snuggled into her with full contentment.

"Did Tacki make a collar for my dog?" Saitama asked.

"I have a specialized one that will 'grow' with it as it changes around," Metal Knight said. A robot soon appeared with a case for Saitama to open. It was sleek, silvery in color and was even decorated with small cranes. "The cranes were Siren's idea."

"Wonderful!" Mitsumi beamed. Saitama put it on the monster dog and watched the collar adjust neatly to fit securely, yet loosely at the same time.

"Anyways, where do you want to chat with our, eh...guest?" Sweet Mask asked when he walked over with Tajima.

"This is the roof. Right?" Saitama asked and looked over at Inichi. "Can we get a small table with chairs? I could use some tea."

"Really?" Mitsumi rose a brow and laughed when he scooped her up with a small grin. He pressed a kiss to her mouth and chuckled.

"Yes. We can both use some tea," he nodded. "So we will have tea and talk with this monster that wanted to hurt my dog."

"I don't see why not," Inichi chuckled and had a small tea table set ready quickly. Overgrown Rover remained tiny and jumped into Mitsumi's arms to get cuddled. Saitama sat down with her in his lap to get his direct touch. The monster dog even snatched up his hand to press into her belly before leaning into them both. Then it yawned and panted with contentment. Wind Crane stretched her wings out in the morning sun to show she was enjoying it.

"Wind Crane Clan Mother, did you want the scepter? I do have it," Mitsumi said. Wind Crane shook her head and looked at Zenchu.

"We'll check it later," Zenchu nodded. "You hold it for now."

"Dad!" Cold Snap grinned and jumped off Bright Bolt's back. He ran over and settled in a chair next to him to get a pat to his head.

"Behave yourself. Okay?" Saitama said calmly and sipped his tea. Black Sperm was in Fumio's lap when they joined them at the small table.

"Hmm..." Stable Rock grunted and glared at the frozen monster. Then he focused to mentally warn the monster trapped in ice.

"Something wrong?" Saitama asked and scratched him between the ears.

"Oooh!" Stable Rock swooned and settled next to his feet. "No. Just...warning..."

"Okay," Mitsumi smiled and scratched under Tangled Vine's chin to get a rewarding purr. "Such a good kitty!"