Chapter 104

Saitama was impressed with the old warehouse. It was completely reconstructed and made to house rooms for sensitive equipment, chemicals and other things that wouldn't work in a normal building. Child Emperor was already building a new laboratory room for himself. Genos was going to create a place for his own needs, too. Saitama was definitely curious on how things worked, but his main priority was the experiment that was going to happen. Mitsumi cuddled into him while he carried her in, and he saw Metal Knight's robot settle on a ceiling banister to zoom in and take in the sights.

"What do you hope to discover?" Siren asked Bofoi in his base.

"Honestly not sure," he muttered while swiftly accessing various cameras and systems to set up on another display that was strictly for the scientific warehouse. "I hope to find ways to deter these fleas. I will refer a flea to a transmitter only when we know the one wanting to be cured is true. It's a flea for all others. A parasite as discussed. It...truly baffles me..."

"Well, I was thinking of a few different things to test," she said.

"Do tell!"

"First, we see what two fleas can do to one body. We initially wanted to see if the same flea makes the same type of monster. We should see if a body can be cured without their skin. We can also see if a flea can be cured by itself. I say without their skin mainly because...think about it. They remove the flea from the skin to make a new flea. What happens to the skin after that?" she frowned.

"You bring up a rather solid set of experimental needs!" Bofoi mused and brought up a digital notepad to keep track of what to try.

"Was a room made? Like the one in the other home for such things?" she asked. "Or still being made?"

"It was under construction. I sent a few of my builder robots to help. It shall be constructed within a few minutes. It was how I rebuilt many damaged cities," he explained. "I even built the Hero Association's primary building."

"How awesome!" she grinned. "Hmm..."

"What?" he had to ask.

"I really...want to do something for Lady Mitsumi and Saitama. They freed me. Let me meet you, too, in a sense. They want their own home in City Z. A private retreat. Everyone can use the apartment as a meeting place, but they need their own private home away from there. Can you...help me make something for them?" she asked and worried her lower lip slightly.

"Oh, I definitely can..." he mused at the idea. "We'll need to get the elevator made first. Then I can see what designs they would like. It would take me only a day for a six story building. A few days if they wanted more floors. Let's get through this next experiment. Ah! I forgot!"

"What?" she blinked at him.

"Inichi. I can ask him..." he chuckled and let her cuddle into him now. He rested a reassuring hand on her arm, and she blushed softly when he left it there. With him mentally conversing with the floating blue monster, Saitama was being seated in a viewing chair in a room with cameras. Lightning Max was already set up in the security room in the home again, and he was ensuring that everything was working. Now that he knew what to do, such a thing was getting easier for him. He even set up the cameras to hook in from the City X mansion with Metal Knight's help.

"We don't want to witness first-hand?" Mitsumi asked Saitama.

"Eh. They say this is safer. Personally, I'd rather be in the way to punch out the problem," Saitama shrugged. "I'd feel better, too."

"How?" she smiled and got cradled in his lap.

"No matter what, I'd be protecting you," he muttered and rested his hand on her belly. "And hopefully our child."