Chapter 71

"This is fantastic!" Kodama said while eating his grilled eel and takoyaki squid. Saitama was seated in the private meeting room with Mitsumi in his lap. Her fans were settled back on the carry belt strands. Fumio was introduced and thrilled that he had grandparents now.

"I've never really had grandparents before," Fumio beamed.

"Oh! What about Mitsumi's side? Her parents?" Okada asked.

"My mother was taken over and killed by a monster. Then my father was murdered by that monster later in life..." Mitsumi sighed sadly. Okada's jaw dropped at this news.

"I'm so sorry!" Kodama winced.

"It's okay. He found out she was gone when certain circumstances started. He began to safeguard me in full. I lost a brother from this, too, when he became a monster and tried to kill me. As I said...my story is a sad one," Mitsumi said. Saitama kept her in his lap and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Hey. I'm here now," Saitama soothed and let her press into him. "Everything's okay now. I know. These past couple weeks really messed you up. I saw all of it. I put a stop to all of it. I'll continue to do that, too."

"Thank you," she sighed softly.

"Wow. I've never seen you like this," Kodama mused.

"I'm in love with her. Why wouldn't I be like this?" Saitama shrugged. Zenchu only nodded and chuckled at a thought from Wind Crane. Then he tilted his head slightly at another message he was given.

"Saitama, I think I need to head home," Zenchu muttered.

"Why?" Saitama asked and looked at him.

"Grigos is pulling moves on my girl," Zenchu growled.

"Have Inichi take care of it," Mitsumi smiled. "Besides, Wind Crane told me that she is starting to like you."

"Starting to like me?" Zenchu looked at her with a frown.

"You can get a bit abrasive with language. Curb that," Mitsumi chuckled.

"Ah...well...for her...okay," Zenchu agreed.

"That's the giant bird, right?" Okada asked.

"Yes. I'm fairly old. She's much older than me," Zenchu nodded.

"Can monsters rob the cradle?" Kodama asked now. Zenchu paused and started laughing like crazy.

"Okay! I like your dad!" he grinned at Saitama.

"Right," Saitama rolled his eyes and sighed hard.

"Darling, what's wrong?" Mitsumi asked.

"Exhausted," Saitama admitted. "I was taking a nap and got woken up. I'm still feeling it. I'll be fine, though."

"Are you sure?" she asked. He pressed a kiss to her mouth to show he was fine. She nodded and rested her head against his neck.

"I'm fine," he muttered and glanced over when Inichi floated in.

"Mr. Saitama! The house is ready for your parents to move in," Inichi chuckled. Now he looked at Mitsumi and frowned. "Lady Mitsumi, there is no need to worry at all. Why do you worry so much?"

"You know I worry about those I love and care for," she smiled.

"So, eh...sorry, I'm bad with names," Kodama said to Inichi.

"Like you?" Mitsumi giggled at Saitama to get a small tickle in return.

"It is Inichi," Inichi nodded lightly.