Chapter 14

Sonic was transported to City M soon after to be lost in his own thoughts. When he was safely gone, Inichi nodded that all would be well for now.

"He is a dangerous adversary," Genos frowned.

"Well, I know when he's coming before he knows he is. I will be keeping a close eye on that one," Inichi vowed.

"That is fine. I think...I need to try and sleep," Mitsumi yawned again and let Saitama carry her up to the apartment complex.

"Genos," Saitama said calmly.

"Master?" he asked.

"See how many apartments we can bridge together safely. We may need to...move in with them. Maybe..." Saitama said with a casual look.

"What...?" Genos paused at this. "Ah...should we...wait a bit?"

"Why?" Zenchu asked Genos now.

"I see it like this," Saitama said when he was let into Mitsumi's apartment. "I won't be wanting to leave her alone. Her family won't leave her alone. I doubt you will want to leave me alone. So...we should just move in. We can also protect them even better this way, right?"

"None of us would object," Kianna chuckled. "In fact, Kamiko was already marking walls that could be torn down. Then we just take out the doors and make it into a solid wall."

"Who would be responsible for that?" Genos asked.

"I would!" Tacki giggled and walked over. "I love cleaning and reconstructing things. I used to be a very famous redecorator. That was before I became a monster. Then, when Lady Mitsumi woke me up, it all came back. I vaguely recall becoming a monster, though. I'm not sure how it happened. I remember cleaning out an old room. I came across an urn of a very old stature. I cleaned it and fixed it up...then blacked out and woke up like this."

"She was the second one that Lady Mitsumi freed," Zenchu nodded. "She was causing chaos in a grocery store saying that everything was dirty and disorganized. She was only a monster for two days before she encountered us. When Lady Mitsumi woke her up, we went back to where she last remembered her transformation. It turns out that the urn she was told to clean and repair was from a famous archaeologist. His urn actually held some kind of a curse. For one to become what they were inside."

"Yes. She was always very cheerful and had such a wonderful, flighty personality, apparently. So, she now appears as a beautiful peacock of sorts that brings joy to the eyes! But...when it came to that curse...it was only to be activated once a year. Who knows how long it was when it was last touched? When we discovered how it transformed Tacki, we were able to remove some of the runic curse marks. We hope it rendered it useless," Mitsumi shrugged. "We don't know if we'll ever be able to change her back, though."

"That's...weird," Saitama admitted and moved to sit on a couch with her in his lap. "Anyways, if I do move in, um...where do you sleep?"

"Oh...usually in the back room," Mitsumi nodded. "Why? Wait. You don't plan to sleep with me, do you?!"

"Where else would I be?" he asked.

"You want kids with her already?" Zenchu mused.

"Ah...well...no..." Saitama found himself pausing at the thought.

"You know how kids are made, right?" Kianna asked.

"I know!" Saitama said and looked away with irritation. "She and I just slept together before. It was nothing bad."

"I was an old lady, though," Mitsumi sighed. "I'm young and...restless at times. I may do...odd things in my sleep..."

"Ah..." Saitama blinked at how her finger traced down his neck.