Chapter 170

"Dad! You can wake up Mom! We're on my floor. Oh! For the furniture, we went with a bit of the air theme furniture, but with yellow and dark blue tones for lightning and dark clouds," Cold Snap beamed from where he reclined in the push cart. "And the lightning cloud in the party room is three times larger than the first one Bright Bolt made."

"Nice! And for the beds?" Saitama chuckled.

"We went with normal beds. No one needs to really sleep on anything else to simulate lightning," Cold Snap laughed softly.

"Right," the bald hero agreed. He moved to gently nudge Mitsumi. "Hey. Want to see Cold Snap decorate? Mitsumi? Mitsumi!"

She wasn't waking up to his touch at all. Cold Snap and Blue Ripple became alert, but he held up his red gloved hand to keep them calm. Now he stared at her and began to examine her. He had Overgrown Rover move, and he pressed his hand against her belly a bit harder to evaluate his growing son. Something almost instinctive clicked in him that his power was doing this. He decided to take a chance and he closed his eyes to focus. :Hey! Stop it! Wake up your mother right now! She wanted to see things with me!:

:Sleep...: a soft voice whispered back.

:If you really are my son, then you will listen to me. Wake up your mother. This is not good for her. I wake up for her. She has to wake up for me. I know she's tired. We plan to spend all day tomorrow together in the bedroom. We have lots to do now, okay? Only when she's in danger will this work. Not when I'm with her. You know this. I have to wake her up the moment I need her awake. Please wake her up.:

:Trouble? Me?:

:Only if you don't wake her up when I need her to.: Saitama said with a form of fatherly support and concern. Right after that, Mitsumi's eyes fluttered open and she yawned greatly.

"Is everything okay?" she asked on looking at him. She saw he had intense relief on his face now. "What happened?"

"Our son had you sleep. Like...deep sleep. I couldn't wake you up sleep. I was able to tell him to wake you up," Saitama said with a look of concern.

"You talked to our son?!" she asked with shocked disbelief.

"Yeah. I did. I felt that I had to try. It shows that my power really is a part of me inside you. He actually asked if he was in trouble for this," he laughed softly and shook his head. "I said only if he didn't wake you up."

"Wow," she said and laughed with her own head shake. "I'm still tired, but, yeah. You need me to wake up to you."

"Just like when it's me for you," he agreed. Cold Snap was clearly in shock over everything. Even Blue Ripple was. Then he mused at an idea.

"I wonder if your son is bored. So...I did have a small experiment," Blue Ripple said. He moved his head to press his muzzle against her belly. Then he purred hard once to make a vibration. A responding movement was given. Then two hard purrs were done to make a mimicking motion return. "I was right."

"What are you doing?!" Mitsumi asked with another form of shock.

"I'm playing with him," Blue Ripple said with a toothy grin.

"What?!" Saitama gaped.

"Try it. Gently tap on her belly and see if he'll respond," Blue Ripple chuckled and pulled away. Saitama gave him a neutral stare, but he found himself doing it. And his son responded back with a soft movement to every tap done. He even did three taps to get three movements back with complete mimicry.

"Mitsumi. I'm playing with our unborn son. What the hell?!" Saitama said to get her giggling like mad. "No! Seriously! What is going on here?! This is like...like...how?!"