Chapter 47

Orotsu was quick to start checking over stock and fix up breakfast meals. Suiryu agreed to stay at the restaurant to help protect it with Tsuruga. Fumio would sit in the back room and was given various schoolbooks to read through. Tacki and Kamiko would work with customers and serving food once the restaurant opened.  Inichi brought Bang to them when he was ready, and now the S class hero was eating breakfast.  When they saw Chikao appear, it was Kamiko that agreed to teach him what to do.

"We are expecting some very important guests from the Hero Association. I'll show you what to do. It's very easy," she smiled. "I am Kamiko. I used to be a monster. Our photos are on the wall. I tend to run the greeting station and ensure that heroes are found according to the Hero Association listing. If they are not on that list, we treat them as paying customers. It's all on the main computer up front. We can set you up with a login and password later on when you get more familiar with how the restaurant is run."

"Got it," Chikao nodded and made notes on his pad of paper. She began to inform him of the raffles that happened as well as other promotions for the Hero Association that were there. "What of the table in the back there? With the stairs? Is that something special?"

"That is where Lady Mitsumi and Mr. Saitama reside when they are here. Ah, look! They are sitting there now to be served something light. Orotsu has it to where he can send them specialized dishes, too. None are to be seated there. It is their designated area at all times. If there is problem, they take care of it. They are also contacted quickly to see to any issues. This is Lady Mitsumi's restaurant, but as she is engaged to him, they both run this place," Kamiko smiled. She looked over to see Tacki putting up a stage now with the materials that were delivered in the back. Kamikaze sat close by to watch her work.

"Hold this," Tacki said and gave him a roll of red velvet. Then she gave him a small bucket of nails. "And this!"

"Hey! What are you...?" he frowned and blinked when she took the stick out of his mouth to kiss him deeply and put the stick back. "Damn it, Tacki..."

"What? I reward you for helping me!" she grinned and put some nails in her mouth before taking a hammer out from her overalls pocket. She scanned where to start putting the nails in and set a nail up. "Okay...I can start...here..."

He chuckled, shook his head and sighed while she worked. She was soon taking the fabric from him to roll out over the planks before hammering in the nails to secure it all down. She reclaimed the nail bucket after to finish it off. Putting the hammer back in her side pocket, she took out a set of scissors from another pocket to trim off the excess material. Jumping back, she surveyed it and ran into the back room to bring out a saw and a sander. Now he just gaped at what she was doing.

"Ah...why...?" he asked.

"You work with swords. I work with tools. Let me do my thing," she said bluntly to get him sighing even more. Mitsumi found herself giggling in Saitama's lap now. Right after Tacki smoothed out the edges of the wood to make a circular stage, she looked at Kamikaze. "Okay, I need to get to the ceiling. Can I get on your shoulders, please? I need to make hooks for lighting."

"Seriously?!" he asked.

"Well, if you can't do it, I can have Inichi or Zenchu help me," she pondered. Then she squeaked when he picked her up to let her sit on his shoulders.

"Damned guilt trip from hell..." he grunted.

"You don't like being kept on your toes?" she grinned sweetly at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Fix the damned ceiling," he smirked at her. He accepted the small kiss she was able to give him now before she sat back up on his shoulders.