Chapter 77

The moment they left the bedroom dressed in civilian clothes was when Puri-Puri Prisoner was there to bombard them with questions. Saitama rolled his eyes and moved to the couch he always lounged on with Mitsumi.

"Shut up!" Saitama finally snapped. "I get it. You're happy that you're out of jail. Good for you. Why did you decide to come here of all places? Instead of roaming around and enjoying yourself?"

"Saitama!" Mitsumi frowned and sat up to cradle him to calm him down. "There is no need for you to lash out like that. Okay? He's overjoyed! It's like a monster finally being freed at last! I know this sensation. However, I will agree with one thing you said. Puri-Puri Prisoner, why did you come here?"

"Well...I just wanted to show that I'm trying to change," he admitted.

"Is it for Tsuruga? Or for us?" Zenchu asked.

"I...guess it's for both," the large man nodded. "As much as I fight the urge to show the men around me my love, I know that...well...what you said struck something. I am a hero. Not a villain. I love everyone! I just...love the men a bit more. Really..."

"That's fine. Just know this. Only Mitsumi can touch me. It's actually been proven. All others get a backlash of crap and end up face-planted somewhere. Mitsumi, though? She can poke me. Pinch me. Flick me...and nothing happens to her. I don't even feel it," Saitama shrugged.

"I wonder if you can feel..." Mitsumi grinned and whispered softly to him. Saitama's eyes popped wide open and he looked at her.

"Now. We are doing that now. I need to know. Back in the bedroom," he said. She died laughing when he got up to scoop her up and carry her back into the room to kick the door shut. Ten minutes later had them come back out and back on the couch. Mitsumi was a bit flush now, but he cradled her close to keep her calm. "Yeah. I felt that. All of it. I'll want it again."

"What...?" Zenchu asked.

"He likes nibbling..." Mitsumi snickered. That got Zenchu to pause and cough out laughter. "I won't need to say anything else."

"Oh..." Puri-Puri Prisoner seemed to blush at the thought.

"Anyways," Saitama sighed and pulled Mitsumi close. "When do the others come back? And what is being said about that monster we saw?"

"With Garou? Bang was livid. However, Fubuki was able to explain that things have calmed down. And, you'll love this, the scent of the flowers that were on the fans. Garou smelled it. It...broke hold of something. Inichi heard his thoughts about it. So, there is a small chance that we may be seeing that guy come around. If he does, we'll need to keep some heavy peace between him and Bang. As for becoming human again, well...we don't know," Zenchu shrugged.

"Who are you talking about?" Puri-Puri Prisoner asked.

"It's a long story. I'd say to ask Bang, but he might get mad. I'll put it like this. Garou was a human man once. He was mad that people kicked him around and bullied him. He vowed to become a monster and kill off those that made him mad. Which is everyone.

"He was also a student under Bang. One of the best ones. Then he went ape-shit and started to kill everyone. Bang has been hunting him ever since. However, there is a very slim chance that Lady Mitsumi may be able to help him see the error of his ways. I mean...fuck...if it happened to me, it could easily happen to him," Zenchu smirked.

"So you were evil?" Puri-Puri Prisoner asked.

"Yep. I was known as the Murdering Shadow. For eighty years I killed someone each day. Something. Anything. And I didn't care. I almost killed Lady Mitsumi, but her gentle presence in a field of flowers stopped me. I woke up and burst into tears on everything I did. I realized how stupid and messed up I was. I couldn't believe it," he sighed. Mitsumi smiled and gestured for him to get a gentle stroke to his hair to calm him down.