Chapter 140

"Okay! Center the main table right...there!" Tacki said when the staff moved the elaborately decorated table at the top of the main stairway overlooking the valley beyond. Large, elegant vases of white with gold rims were set on either side of it and filled with beautiful white roses. A red velvet runner was already placed with golden thread embroidery. Seats were set up alongside it for heroes and monsters to sit in after the important couple arrived.

Wind Crane easily kept the wind back neatly, and Fire Flight ensured no one got too cold while they worked. They were already standing on either side of the main table, too, to overlook everything. Zenchu was now marking where the main family was to stand and sit. Garou was working with Lily on decorations. Various heroes were able to point out where things could go and get fixed up. Tacki had already made the wedding clothes for everyone, and the colors were ranged from soft white to light blues. She had everyone dressed to be ready to go.

"Do they plan to arrive?" Okada asked from where she was sitting with her husband on the main stage. "I mean...oh! I hope Mitsumi is okay!"

"She's well. She's actually getting ready right now. Tacki finished her dress, and I sent it directly to her. Hmm. Ah. They will arrive when it is time to appear. Tacki, did you need anything else?" Inichi asked in his hovering form. Fubuki and Tatsumaki were helping with specialty seating and setting markers for people to stand. Rendor was moving to the table, but he was going to wait to take out the precious document when it was time.

"Where's the food?" Pig God asked when he lurched over.

"It shall be served after the event," Inichi said calmly.

"I could go for something, too," Garou frowned.

"We just had lunch," Lily said. At his small smile, she sighed in remembrance. "Right. You eat a ton."

"Yep!" Garou grinned and let her squeeze him. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and glanced over to see Bang walking over with Bomb.

"I requested to arrive for this. I can help keep things calm," Bomb nodded.

"Okay," Garou shrugged. He looked over again to see Sweet Mask walking over with Tajima and Daiki. Kiyoshi appeared soon after to clasp hands with his nephew. They were all dressed properly for the event now, and even Himiko and Zombieman joined them to greet them.

"Daiki, has there been any information on who plans to arrive?" Kiyoshi asked and leaned on his cane. "I know that this is to be a live broadcast."

"None have been called yet," Daiki nodded.

"Good. I'll make the calls. I know who can report this fairly," Kiyoshi said. Sweet Mask nodded and looked over when Okada and Kodama walked over to introduce themselves. As they chatted pleasantly now, Kianna was working on the finishing touches with Mitsumi's nails. When the elegant dress was brought over in a folded manner, Kamiko cleared her throat to get Saitama's attention.

"We know you cannot let her leave your side. She needs your touch. However, we don't want you to see this dress, either. So, you will hold her, but she will be covered with a heavy veil of lace," Kamiko chuckled.

"What?!" Saitama gaped.

"We figured that Daiki can walk her up the steps to you. Then you can remove the veil to reveal her before the signing," Kianna smiled.

"Come on...!" Saitama grimaced.

"I think it's a wonderful idea," Mitsumi beamed.

"Seriously?" he frowned.

"Well...it makes me happy to think about it..." she said with a small blush.

"Ah..." he started and sighed. Overgrown Rover huffed and grumbled at him. "What?"