Chapter 89

"Love?" Mitsumi whispered several hours later. It was finally nearing sunset, and his power had taken him over multiple times. They were barely able to eat and drink some much needed nourishment. Saitama was clearly at his limit.

"I need...rest..." he muttered and had her lay on top of him.

"I need the bathroom," she frowned. "Can we try?"

"Ugh...yeah. Me too. Okay. Quick. Five minutes," he mumbled and forced himself to sit up. She was quick to rush over, and he was just as quick to use it after her. He gave out a gasping cry of relief the moment he rejoined with her in the treasure bed after she reapplied the helpful gel ointment. He lay back again with her on top of him and grimaced from the fiery sensation that seemed to eat at him.

"Rest love," she whispered and ran a finger over his cheek.

"Still glowing the red crap?" he mumbled.

"Yeah," she said and lay down on him fully to let him hug her tight.

"This really does suck," he sighed.

"Do we want another baby after this?" she asked.

"Ah...I do. I know I do. If this happens again, well...we'll put up with it. I'll be prepared and know what to expect. I know, for a fact, that I would never hurt our baby if we need to care for it. We'll keep it close, and I'm sure it may not even see what I'm all about with this red crap. Just...instinct talking. I guess," he seemed to shrug.

"Not until it's old enough?" she smiled.

"Yeah..." he mumbled and closed his eyes to finally fall asleep with her on him. She reached over to get the headset and unmute it.

"Hey. He's sleeping," Mitsumi said softly.

"Ah! Miss Mitsumi!" Genos said.

"Hush, Genos. Keep your voice low," she said. "I want him to sleep. I'm a bit awake, but I'm not leaving his side. Not only did I promise not to, but the last thing we want is for him to relentlessly search for me on a rampage."

"Agreed. That would be most unpleasant," Metal Knight said on the live chat. "I was hoping for Siren to leave now for the mansion."

"That's fine. Keep in touch with anything found, please?" Mitsumi said.

"Lady Mitsumi! Yes. I can do that. Metal Knight patched my ring in to the live chat. We can stay in touch this way. So, I have four presses on the ring to join the live chat when it's active," she chuckled in her gravelly tone. "I can head there now. I'll let you know when I get there."

"Miss Mitsumi, I'd like to ask something. Is it possible for me to see if I can evaluate Master Saitama's readings?" Genos asked.

"I don't know," Mitsumi said. "I don't want him to attack anyone. If he's sleeping, I don't know if his body will move on its own from the power coursing through him. Do you really want to risk that?"

"I..." Genos paused at this.

"I mean...if you want to try...well...come in from the balcony. Not the main room in case he attacks," Mitsumi said. "We don't want him to hurt anyone. It would...crush him. You know this."

"Risky," Kamikaze said lightly. "Very risky."

"I understand the risks," Genos said.

"Please don't do it ," Kamiko said next to him. "I mean...if anything goes wrong, I could see if Dr. Kuseno could repair something, but...you could be obliterated! I just...please..."

"I'll be cautious," Genos promised and kissed her softly.

"With Kamiko like that, I need to prepare Saitama. It's for safety," Mitsumi said now. "Think of her needs for your safety, Genos."