Chapter 39

"Just rest, okay?" Saitama said gently to Mitsumi while they rested on the couch. "If you're still not feeling good by tonight, we don't have to go out."

"I wanted to. I think...it was just the shock..." she winced.

"I know it was," he agreed and kissed her forehead. When she whimpered, he sat up to hold her tight to let her vent her tears of grief. Zenchu was grimacing and brooding the whole time on everything.

"Why...did they...?" she gasped and shivered through her tears.

"Because you weren't like them," Saitama said softly. "Your mother couldn't control you. So she made your life a living hell."

"And...Father...?" she swallowed.

"It's only obvious that he was going against what she wanted. He was severing the family away bit by bit. She didn't want to lose her control. He had to go," Saitama said calmly. "He married her for political roots and her tenacity to get things done in all the wrong ways. He knew who she was. He realized what she was a bit too late."

"Just the fact that she was recruiting her own cousin to-" Zenchu started until Saitama rose up a gloved hand to waggle a finger at him to shut up. "Right. Sorry. He's dead, anyways."

"That's right. He is," Saitama nodded. He simply ran a hand over her back to gently rub. When he looked at the door, he saw Tacki, Kamikaze and Bang walk in. Tacki was carrying her box of craft supplies, but she set it down and moved right over to Mitsumi to offer a massive hug of comfort.

"We'll kick all of them down!" Tacki growled and squeezed her. "Lady Mitsumi, you are the kindest, most amazing person I have ever known in my whole life. You saved my life!! I can't...ever repay you for that."

"You don't have to call me lady anymore, you know," she smiled. "Mitsumi would be just fine."

"Call it a good habit!" Tacki beamed. "Besides, a lady is exactly what you are. I don't care about the money, either. Just like Saitama. I care about you. I know that the rest of us will agree, too."

"She is correct," Bang nodded. "The things I've seen and witnessed now...in under a week?! It's unheard of!"

"Saitama...you really are my Wild card," Mitsumi smiled softly.

"That's right," Saitama nodded and let her press into him.

"When is it night?" she asked and rested against him wearily.

"We have a few more hours," he said and kissed her forehead.

"Do you think I could watch you play something?" she asked now.

"Hmm. I don't think I can expose my chest with everyone here. Like you wanted. But, we may be able to bring the system out here," Saitama mused.

"We have an extra television," Tacki said. "I can help set it up. You want the console in the bedroom?"

"Yeah," Saitama nodded.

"Oh! We got a TON of game controllers in case you get mad and break them! Kianna made sure from what happened at King's place," Tacki beamed. Saitama's jaw dropped. Kamikaze and Zenchu both died laughing at this. Mitsumi found herself laughing and shaking her head at it all.

"He breaks controllers. Huh. I can believe that," Bang chuckled.

"Shut up!" Saitama scowled at him. When he felt Mitsumi shiver, he frowned. "Hey. Are you feeling okay?"

"Just...the stress from earlier. It'll wear off. I hope..." she sighed. That was when Zenchu got up and started to make some hot chocolate. "It's just...one blow after another to my mental state. You know?"