Chapter 11

When the monster group got back to the restaurant, they found it flooded with workers trying to help get it fixed up. Satoru was there to help designate things with Kianna. Inichi was quick to give over all the details on what happened. Kianna was quickly concerned and livid on how they treated Mitsumi.

"Lady Mitsumi! Oh, dear..." she hissed out in a worried tone.

"I am fine, child," Mitsumi sighed and pat her furry hand.

"King and I helped show that things were fine, but Master Saitama may have endangered a bit of his own reputation," Genos frowned.

"I just wanted to get out of there!" Saitama said with irritation. "They gave a verdict. We were done. They got nosey. I smashed their building up to get us out. I was done watching Mitsumi get stepped on. And I was getting bored beyond belief."

"It is fine, child," Mitsumi sighed and was able to move from the push cart at last to stand up. "However, I feel...I want to lie down..."

"What?" Zenchu frowned.

"That meeting...it drained me..." she admitted.

"I know for a fact that we have cemented our restaurant," Inichi said.

"Good. Throw some odd thoughts their way," Zenchu nodded.

"Oh, I have done so. They questioned Mr. Saitama's intense rage. So...I nudged what they would have done to protect their own if under stress," Inichi chuckled. "Blind love is a dangerous love, indeed."

"What?" Saitama now blinked at him. "Wait. You knew?!"

"Well, of course, I knew," Inichi nodded. "And I doubt you would have believed me if I told you."

"Oh. Yeah...likely not..." Saitama frowned.

"I, too, noticed such signs that you may have been in love," Genos nodded. "But I was just too unsure from how soon it all happened."

"Why doesn't anyone tell me anything?!" Saitama asked.

"Child, come here," Mitsumi said weakly. Now he turned and found himself sitting at her side. "In an hour, we need to head back. I am far too weak to be out. I need to recover my strength. Please..."

"We need to go now, then," Saitama said and looked at Zenchu.

"We will stay to help Orotsu, Richoo and Kianna," Rendor said. Tsuruga was already planning to help stay until the other humans were gone. "Inichi will bring us back home. Have him take you all home now."

"Fine," Zenchu nodded. King nodded that he would go back home with Inichi's help later, but he did wave at Saitama.

"Come over later tonight?" King asked.

"If Mitsumi is good, then yes. We'll see," Saitama nodded. "I can call you if I can do it."

"Good. Take care of her," King ordered. Saitama gave him the usual blank stare before letting Inichi help get him, Mitsumi and Zenchu back to the apartment complex swiftly. Genos was clearly worried, but he knew the restaurant had to be made functional as a main priority until sunset. Then he wanted to escort the friendly monsters back safely. He knew when the golden snake was going to bite her again. It was always around the same time. For now, he had to show that heroes were protecting the restaurant construction. That was his mission right now until he knew it was safe to leave.

At the apartment complex, Kamiko and Tacki were there to help Mitsumi lay back on a couch. Fumio was already serving out food and drinks. Zenchu sat down and turned on the television to watch the news.