Chapter 75

Suiryu was confused on why he was treated far more neutrally than normal. Orotsu still treated him the same, as he was a valued employee, but the others just gave side-long glances and sighs. He finally went to Orotsu and asked, "Um...is there something wrong? Why am I getting the vibe that I did something bad?"

"Maybe you should ask Siren," Orotsu finally said.

"Siren?! I...what did I do to her?" he frowned.

"As the others will not tell you, I will. I value you greatly. The others do, too, but you crushed the emotions of a new family member. Apparently, you catered to fans more than Siren," Orotsu said lightly. "She went outside to help you and saw you swarmed and flaunting yourself around other girls. She tried to get your attention. You didn't notice her. She felt ignored. It broke any feelings she had for you. She wants nothing to do with you now. You are to treat her like family going forward if you wish to be treated normally again."

"I...I didn't..." he paused and blinked.

"You are a showman. She doesn't want that," Orotsu sighed and pat his shoulder with a tentacled arm. "You will regain some status if you apologize to her. But do not expect any other feelings than family from her. Okay?"

"Oh..." Suiryu grimaced. "I...yeah..."

"Lie low for now and work with me," the octopus monster gently advised. Suiryu found himself restocking flour and getting lost in his thoughts. I went outside to open a crate. I heard talk about me and giggling. I saw the girls and...I did introduce myself. How couldn't I? I mean...wait...I was letting them feel my arms...I...shit! And I know I saw Siren, but...damn...I did this to myself...

After fixing the flour, he moved inside the main restaurant and walked over to where Siren was sitting with Mitsumi and Saitama. Mitsumi looked over and frowned. Saitama gave a blank stare at his disciple and said, "You messed up. Own up to it. I know Orotsu told you things. I heard it."

"You heard that from the kitchen?" Mitsumi asked with a raised brow.

"Yep. If I want to, I can even hear phone calls if I'm close enough. It's weird. But, yeah, you messed up. She's your sister now. You're the one that wanted to think of being around giggling gossip girls. It's on you," Saitama said with a touch of boredom.

"I'm sorry, Siren! I..." Suiryu started, but Siren rose up a hand.

"I get it. It's okay. You like being fawned over. In the middle of a crowd that's all about you. Well, you can continue doing that. I'll applaud you and encourage you to find the right girl. I'm not that girl," Siren said. "I thought we had something. But after that? And then not even being acknowledged by you? I mean...heh...I guess I had my hopes up a bit too much on meeting you only last night. I'll still help you train. I'll see you as my brother. Nothing more. Okay?"

"Okay..." Suiryu frowned again and walked away. He knew he lost something important. He couldn't believe it.

"So you know, your training may get to be a touch harder," Zenchu said on approaching him. "Time to start being alert on your routines."

"What?" Suiryu blinked.

"Siren came to us in tears over what you did. I vowed to kick you around a bit more for her. I won't kill you. But you'll be a bit more bruised and battered," Zenchu said and flicked his tail on walking off. "And expect the others to do this, too. Saitama said your training is getting soft. Time to toughen up!"

"Shit!" Suiryu scowled and sighed. He looked over to see Rendor and Tatsumaki coming in to sit and get breakfast. Inichi now informed them of what happened. Rendor gave a small growl, but he remained calm. Tatsumaki rose a brow, but Rendor shook his head at her.