Chapter 109

Saitama and Mitsumi seated themselves in the main front line of the arena seating. The moment he got comfortable with her, Overgrown Rover trotted over and climbed right onto them to snuggle down.

"Damn it..." he sighed. "It's gonna do this all the time now!"

"I'm fine with it," Mitsumi smiled and scratched under the monster dog's chin to lull it into complete comforting submission. All six eyes half-closed from the affectionate scratching. It never had this before and likely would never tire from it at all. On gazing at other family, friends and heroes moving to settle in other seating, she lost herself in thought and sighed sadly.

"Hey. What's going on?" Saitama asked and gently squeezed her.

"Just...can't believe the dream I had..." she frowned. Overgrown Rover sensed that something was wrong and gave a small whine. It nudged her to snuggle into her neck. Then it exposed its belly to get a loving belly rub to sigh with complete delight. It even let its tongue hang out to make her giggle at it.

"That's my job!" Saitama said to get her laughing softly. "Maybe I should have left you where you were if you're gonna do this..."

The monster dog huffed and licked his cheek to get him scowling. That got her laughing at the whole thing. Black Sperm was soon pulling itself up into a chair next to them to sit back and watch everything curiously. She reached over to gently scratch its back to get it swooning from the attention.

"Different," it muttered. "I like different."

"That we all do," Zenchu chuckled. "Hmm. Wind Crane isn't here? I thought she'd want to see this. I need to check on her."

"Let me know if she needs us," Mitsumi said. He nodded and was quick to move to the housing that held her nest. He found her huddled into it and trembling. Was she in pain? What's going on?

"Babe? Is something wrong?" Zenchu asked. She looked at him and tucked her head under her wing to shiver again. "Ah...yeah...something's wrong..."

"I was sent over!" Kamiko said and gently checked Wind Crane. "Oh..."

"What?!" Zenchu asked.

"She's...getting ready to lay an egg...!" Kamiko gasped. "You! Leave! I'll help her! You'll fluster her!"

"Shit!" Zenchu hissed. "I...okay. Let me know if you need me."

Wind Crane looked over at Zenchu with a sigh, but he nodded to her to show he understood. She did stretch her neck out to let him run a hand over her beak before watching her tuck her head back under her wing. Sighing hard, he nodded to Kamiko and made his way back to the others.

"I have just learned that Wind Crane is in her nest. She is readying herself to start egg laying," Inichi frowned from where he hovered over Mitsumi.

"Wind Crane is going to lay an egg?!" Mitsumi asked with shock. "Do I need to help her, too?"

"Kamiko is with her," Inichi said to assure her. "I'll keep watch over Kamiko's thoughts. I will not intervene with Wind Crane unless she contacts me directly. And, Zenchu, calm down. Things will be fine. In fact, I'll move you closer to Lady Mitsumi. She can help you focus."

"Says you!" Zenchu grunted and paused at Mitsumi's gentle touch to his arm. He winced and sat down next to her to let her rest a hand on his shoulder. Then he paused at the sloppy lick he got from Overgrown Rover. "That's gross. But thanks for that."

"Do that again!" Saitama grinned to get Zenchu stammering with shock at the next few rounds of sloppy licks he was given. He wiped off his face and scowled before sighing at Mitsumi's soft giggles at him.