Chapter 147

"You want to see the frozen monster?" Cold Snap asked after he shifted back into his child form. Mitsumi was finally waking up, and Saitama yawned greatly before stretching himself out against her. She was still locked to him much like his days before when he needed her, and he refused to let her leave his side until he knew she was ready.

"I do. But that thing will thaw out at the Hero Association in a secured room. Not here," Saitama said and sat up carefully to keep Mitsumi in his lap. "I'm sure we'll have breakfast there, too."

"I think all we have are the wedding clothes to wear," Mitsumi chuckled. "We should bathe before we leave. Figure an hour?"

"We can do that. Hmm?" Saitama looked over to see Cold Snap pointing at the standing dresser. Mitsumi's hero costume was hanging on it to show it was delivered during the night with Saitama's regular hero costume. "Ah! Good! Okay, we'll bring the wedding dress and my performance suit with us to get cleaned by Richoo. I didn't see him at the resort, though..."

"No, he stayed home with his family. We should ensure he signs our wedding document with them," she nodded. "All of our monster family should sign the document the moment we get it home."

"Sounds good," Saitama chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," she murmured and rested her head against his neck.

"I love you, too," he said tenderly and cradled her. "Five minutes like this."

"Okay," she smiled and closed her eyes with a form of blissful comfort. All he did was gently rock her and let her feel the intense protection she needed. I need to do this with her more. This is what she needs to feel secure with my growing son. Ten minutes later, Himiko's voice came up in the live chat.

"Mitsumi? Are you there?" she asked. Saitama blinked at this and unmuted the microphone for his wife. He kept cradling her in his arms, though.

"I am. What's going on?" Mitsumi asked.

"Daiki contacted me. There's a hidden tunnel on the lowest fifth floor of our family home! He has no idea where it leads, too! The cleaning staff found it by accident!" Himiko said with complete confusion.

"I see why you spoke out in here. I'll have a robot investigate now," Metal Knight said. "I shall inform of any findings."

"Hmm..." Stable Rock mused out loud. "Think...to me..."

"Ah! Yes! I can do that!" Metal Knight said. "I...am always caught by surprise at your mental speech..."

"Indeed..." Stable Rock snorted.

"Yeah, it's hard to ignore," Bright Bolt chuckled from where he was on the bed. Blue Ripple grunted with agreement.

"But, yes, I shall inform you of the video report directly. You would know tunnels best," Metal Knight agreed.

"And how...to close...them...or set...traps..." Stable Rock snickered.

"Quite true," Metal Knight chuckled with his own mirth. Tangled Vine glanced over from his small nest in the tree and jumped onto the bed to snuggle and purr into Mitsumi's giggling form.

"You're not changing back into that other form. Are you?" Saitama asked.

"No. She likes me like this. I will stay like this," Tangled Vine said and rubbed against her lovingly. He purred deeply when she ran a hand over his arched back and over his tail. "And I don't shed."

"Okay. That's a bonus," Saitama nodded.

"I wonder," Mitsumi mused and leaned over to mute the microphone. "Can any of our pets give you hair?"