Chapter 131

It was almost thirty minutes later when they both emerged dressed to receive company. She was in her sky-blue fan dancing costume. He was in his glittering hero attire to accompany her. She was also leaning a bit hard on him from the exhaustion he put her through while he carried her over. Overgrown Rover was trotting with them, and Blue Ripple was able to levitate his own bucket to follow them for now. He also wanted to get used to doing it. Bright Bolt was trotting in pace with them neatly to settle wherever they went. Saitama took Mitsumi straight over to the others at the barbecue pit to find a seat.

"Easy," he muttered and kissed her forehead after sitting down with her in his lap. Overgrown Rover pawed at him to show intense concern. It even nuzzled at Mitsumi's hand to get no real response from her. That had Saitama blink and realize that something was wrong. "Mitsumi? Are you feeling okay?"

"I feel a bit weak..." she winced.

"What?" he blinked. "Um...you were fine before...?"

"I know...but..." she said and coughed slightly. Then she started to shiver as though she was freezing. Now he gave her a blank, neutral stare before shouting out for Kamiko. Inichi was swift to bring her over in a blue bubble. Genos set down the nearly finished coloring page he was working on before rushing to Kamiko's side to help her in any way he could.

"I'm here!" she said and paused at Overgrown Rover's protective snarl.

"Doggy..." Saitama said calmly. It looked at him with a whine before backing away to let Mitsumi get checked. She noticed that Mitsumi's face was flush and sweat was already starting to break out. Her forehead was starting to burn to the touch. There was only one thing that signified this.

"Not good...a fever..." Kamiko winced.

"What?!" Saitama gaped with shock. "How?!"

"Are you sure? Hmm...Miss Mitsumi's vitals are sporadic to suggest this illness assessment. How could she get ill so quickly?" Genos asked with a hard frown. "Many precautions are in place!"

"I'm honestly not sure," Kamiko frowned and thought back. "This...I think I recognize the symptoms of this..."

"Her past fever from the snake venom days?" Inichi asked on studying the thoughts she gave out. "It does appear to have the same appearance and illness traits. But it was removed when she was bitten! Has it simply been dormant and gained enough strength to return? I know some illnesses recur, but this is baffling! And so long after the snake was removed? I don't recall anything going around, but one never knows. Lady Mitsumi has been around many lately..."

"Can we fix this?!" Saitama asked now with irritation, but it was also filled with complete concern. Blue Ripple snorted and sniffed over Mitsumi's body carefully. He studied how her blood flowed in her body before giving a hissing snarl of something detected.

"Akiyama!" Blue Ripple said quickly to where she was sitting with Deep Sea Prince. "We need you! Mitsumi is ill! You can assist me with her with internal healing from your bubbling waters! Quickly!"

"Oh!" Akiyama jumped up and moved to a small booth that was set up for Secret Skins. Siren and Metal Knight were paying close attention in the cameras to see if they had to help out in any way. Zenchu soon appeared to let Wind Crane care for the nest. Garou and Lily were also there soon after to show their support. Fubuki was keeping her faction back to allow the others to assess the situation. Kianna kept King in his seat from so many already being there. Even Rendor was close by with Tatsumaki to show their concerned support.

"How did she get sick?!" Tacki frowned after running over with Kamikaze. Bang and Bomb were now going over what they knew of as quick remedies to relieve any discomfort in case it was needed.