Chapter 144

"Glad to see you all again. And what happened with you?" Kamikaze frowned at Imai's bruising cheek.

"The intruder struck her!" Fire Flight growled in her human form.

"Indeed," Wind Crane grimaced and shook her head after reverting to human form. "Kamiko may be able to help test her healing gift."

"I can fetch for her!" Genos said and was quick to get her.

"Wind Crane Clan Mother, can you tell me what this is?" Mitsumi asked and took the scepter off her belt to reveal it. Wind Crane's jaw dropped, and she was quick to take it and examine it.

"This...is...it can't be...!" Wind Crane said with complete excitement.

"It was in the chest in the training room," Saitama said.

"What is it?" Zenchu asked curiously.

"This scepter can amplify the very wind! I can even mentally speak through it to reach others anywhere! Oh! If only my last clan had this! It was hidden away after I was sealed. The knowledge of where this was hidden was forgotten. I am so glad the training room was at least remembered! My daughter, I must test something now," Wind Crane said and moved to hold up the scepter. "Oh...!"

"What's wrong?" Mitsumi asked.

"It's damaged! How can this be?!" Wind Crane said with shock now and examined the base of the crystal setting. "Yes. There were crane figures here. They have been removed. Each crane held a smaller crystal to help with focus. Why were they removed?"

"Let me see?" Tacki asked when she rushed over at Inichi's mental call. It was given over, and she studied it intently. "They were carefully removed. I wonder if it was done on purpose to help protect the scepter's power."

"You mean parts were moved and transferred around?" Saitama asked.

"Wait! That ruined chest back at home! I think...the parts were in there..." Tacki blinked in recollection. Inichi looked at her and focused to bring over the rare and ancient artifacts. Tacki had everything moved inside and had a table cleared off. The other S class heroes were puzzled, but they were amazed with the scepter that was set down.

"It's for the Wind Crane Clan. We're trying to fix it," Mitsumi smiled and let Saitama squeeze her.

"I was right!" Tacki beamed. She was able to carefully take out four crane figures with their wings extended over their heads in a touching position of exquisite detail. Each one held a tiny crystal where the wing tips touched together that could have been easily mistaken for diamonds. "The rest of this can go back, Inichi. Thanks! I can piece this together, but should I take the chance to fuse it?"

"I can help," Fire Flight said and had Tacki hold a crane figure to where it had to fit back on the scepter. She focused carefully to let intense heat only appear where it had to melt the gold together. Cold Snap reached out to lightly touch and cool the heated gold down quickly.

"Thank you!" Mitsumi beamed at Cold Snap and hugged him.

"Anything for you, Mom," Cold Snap giggled and laughed at the kiss she pressed to his cheek in a purely motherly fashion. Saitama chuckled and glanced over at Fumio's look of shock.

"What?!" Fumio gasped and darted over to look at Cold Snap. "Are you my brother now?!"

"Oh! You're Fumio?" Cold Snap blinked his glowing ice blue eyes.

"Dude! Yes!" Fumio grinned.

"Go get to know your brother," Saitama nodded and watched Mitsumi set him down. Now the two moved off to talk, and Black Sperm settled with them happily. Tanktop Master was clearly in awe over it.