Chapter 49

"I was able to access the files," Genos said when he got back to the computer. "It appears that Metal Knight may also have the files, too."

"Can we reach him?" Saitama asked while holding Mitsumi on the couch again to keep her calm. She was pressed into him completely and had her eyes closed. She was still fighting with the fact that they had to kill her brother. Saitama just kept a hand moving through her hair and another rubbed along her back. He knew her mind was an absolute mess right now.

"I can reach Child Emperor first," Genos said and took out his phone to call the boy. "He can request for us. I have yet to get a direct line with Metal Knight."

"Did we get the security room?" Mitsumi managed to ask now.

"We did. Lightning Max is ensuring the cameras are functional. It appears that some areas of security were purposely taken down after various staffing were removed. It was very odd. We will need to thoroughly go through each floor to ensure everything is well. I know Kianna, Rendor and Terrible Tornado were doing so. Shenjou is assisting with removing rubble and garbage buildup in areas. The other heroes were going over the grounds," Genos said.

"Hey," Kamikaze said when he walked in. "Inichi told me where to find you all. There's a very weird spot of dirt behind the house. You wanna check it out with me?"

"I have the files, so we can all go," Genos said and secured the hard drive and the flash drive in a small strongbox. Saitama rose up with Mitsumi being carried in his arms and pressed a kiss to her forehead. 

"I should walk," she sighed.

"Nope. I got you," he said calmly and moved with them to the elevator. "Do you know anything about a dirt pile?"

"No," she frowned. "I have no idea."

He nodded at this and the small group walked into the main floor before heading outside. Inichi was now gathering them up into a blue bubble to bring them to the odd mound of dirt. Saitama set Mitsumi down and began to excavate with Genos. Zenchu was just as curious on what it was, and they brought up a small chest. Now they realized that it was activated with an external battery pack.

"This is holding something. It feels cold. Refrigeration, I think," Genos frowned. "It requires a key code lock. I don't know..."

"I can help," Shenjou said when he was brought over and offered his venom. Saitama took off his glove to apply a small drop to the lock. After it was destroyed, Genos took it all apart. Saitama made sure to put his glove back on before they finally took off the lid. Mitsumi's jaw dropped with horror at the carefully sealed and labeled jars of internal organs.

"That's her! Parts from her!" Zenchu seethed. "It's like they were saving her for a snack?!"

"I'm...gonna be...!" Mitsumi grimaced for Saitama to quickly rush off to the bushes with her for her to vomit.

"They planted this all over..." Inichi fumed when he showed up to see it with his own eyes. "There are other spots throughout the property. Not only was she harvested from for things, but this was deliberately done to force her to see this if she ever came back. Daiki...he knew. His remorse knows no bounds. He's telling me where the rest is. Let's find it all and destroy it. We simply must."

"There is a note..." Genos grimaced, but he picked it up to read it from where it was lightly taped to the inside of the lid. His eyes glowed a solid yellow for intense rage. "It states that the sweetest one to taste is from the heart. It tells how each one tastes when cooked in different ways. I need to incinerate everything. Bring it all to me!"

"I can't...Saitama! I can't...!" she pleaded with him with harsh whimpers of panic after she emptied the contents of her stomach. He felt himself ripping in half from the pain and anguish she was going through now. "I can't do this...anymore...I just can't...! Please...!"