Chapter 79

"I really want to go to the fireworks event with you," Saitama sighed from where he lay back in the treasure bed with Mitsumi. Their costumes were carefully, but hastily, removed the moment the bedroom door was shut. Zenchu was preparing small meals in the kitchen in case they needed it.

"I do, too. But if your power is already starting to do this...well...think about it. Public place. No real place to take me to in private. Wind Crane...she may cause a stir. I'm hoping that just doing this here for a few hours straight might help curb things. I already know that when your urge really hits...we won't be going anywhere," she said and hugged him close.

"Let's see how the next few hours go," he muttered and rose up a bit to settle on the pillows with her. "Hungry?"

"A little," she nodded and let him pull a silken gold sheet over them. Inichi sent in Zenchu, and he carried in a plate with a few sandwiches.

"Wind Crane is giving over ancient, intricate designs of what the original dojo looked like. There was a true dojo for the Wind Crane Clan at one point," Zenchu chuckled. "It was a beautiful building."

"I'm sure it was," she smiled and took up a tasty sandwich with Saitama. Zenchu noticed the cell phone ringing, and he answered it for them.

"Hello? Oh. Um...Saitama, it's your mother..." he grinned and put the phone on speaker. He left shortly after to stay out of the conversation and shut the door to the bedroom lightly.

"Mom? Hey," Saitama said and let Mitsumi snuggle into him.

"Do you have plans tonight?" she asked.

"There was a fireworks event at the night market in City Z. We were planning to go there. It's closer to the border of City Y, but we like to browse when we can. Also, I have a very messed up condition right now. It's hard to explain and it can easily keep me from going anywhere. It's not an illness. It's just gonna hit me hard for a few days and then leave," Saitama sighed. "It pretty much comes from how I can punch. It won't affect me anymore after it passes. At least for some time."

"Oh! Do you need me to come over to help you?" she asked.

"It's okay. I'm taking care of him," Mitsumi smiled and finished off her sandwich. Saitama was quick to finish his off and set the plate aside.

"Make sure to give him some stir-fried lobster and beef!" Okada ordered. "That always helped him when he got antsy and cranky."

"Ah..." Saitama blinked.

"Favorite meal?" Mitsumi grinned. "Zenchu can make some."

"Yeah. One of my favorites. Please?" he said to get her laughing softly.

"Think a dessert of fried ice cream?" she grinned a bit more.

"Yes. Yes, that works," he said and nodded. "Anyways, Mom, we plan to go out tonight. Depending on how I feel, it will judge how long we are out for."

"Good. Your father and I will meet you there. Around sunset. See you later, honey!" Okada said and hung up.

"Craaaap..." he pouted and lay back on the bed with a groan.

"I'm just hoping that us being here and trying to burn this out of you will help," Mitsumi sighed. Now he looked at her like she was crazy.

"I don't think that will ever happen," he said and pulled her close to let her rest against him. "I rarely feel tired unless I've been up for a very long time. When I'm fighting, I'm not exhausted at all. Most of the time...I just don't feel anything. With you, I actually feel again. I'm alive again. I've told you this before. Without you...I'm lifeless."