Chapter 107

"I need to eat. Then I wanna go check out some cheap shopping," Saitama said when they got back to their apartment home.

"We can do that," Mitsumi smiled and giggled when her cheek got kissed.

"Lady Mitsumi!" Iwasaki said when she skipped over. Flashy Flash was calmly walking behind her. "What's the plan for now?"

"Saitama and I were going to do some basic food shopping. After that, we'd see about setting up dinner. Is everything okay?" Mitsumi asked.

"Um...I wanted to try something," Iwasaki admitted.

"What's that?" Saitama asked.

"I...overheard Blue Ripple's talk about elemental monsters and such. I think...I'm not sure...but I may be based on light in my monster form. I'd like to test that," she smiled softly. "I never attacked in that form before, so..."

"How fast can we set up a test target?" Flashy Flash asked.

"We can set up a metal structure in the outdoor arena," Inichi said when he hovered over on catching on to the conversation. "Let them do their shopping. When they get back, it should be ready."

"That's so cool!" Mitsumi grinned with excitement. "We'll definitely test it! Oh, we don't want anyone to find your skin, though. Have Tacki make a bag to put it in for Flashy Flash to protect it? Then, when you're ready to change back, he can give it over to you."

"I can do that," Flashy Flash agreed.

"Can we get a full outdoor kitchen built?" Anno asked.

"We have a few abandoned restaurants on our land. We shall see what can be done," Inichi nodded. Kamikaze glanced at Tacki's eager form from where she sat on his shoulders. He knew she was itching to do something. Repairing broken things and testing them is something she can definitely do safely. To a point.

"Good. Also, ah, Mr. Saitama, try and get a good stock of vegetables. We appear to be running a touch low," Anno said.

"Is there anything I can have now?" Saitama asked. "I need to eat."

"Yes! I can make something for you to tide you over," Anno said and was quick to make a quick stir fry dish of fresh fish and vegetables. Saitama was sighing with relief now, and he made sure to give some to Mitsumi. After the small, hearty meal was done, the empty dish was given back.

"Thanks for that! Okay, let's go shopping," Saitama said and scooped up Mitsumi in his arms to carry her.

"I want to go with you," Okada said.

"But...Mom...I just wanted to be with Mitsumi..." Saitama said with a touch of irritation.

"Let them surprise us with what they bring back," Kodama said to his wife. "We can help see what's found here to make an outdoor kitchen. You would know what's really needed, too! I'm sure their chef does, but it wouldn't hurt for another set of eyes, eh?"

"But...oh...alright," Okada sighed and caved in.

"Thanks, Dad," Saitama said with relief and began to walk off.

"You don't want her with us?" Mitsumi grinned.

"She'd be prying into our private life. Constantly," he grumbled.

"Ah. Yeah, I can see how that would be an issue," she chuckled.

"Can I go back to letters with them?" he asked and grinned at her scowl and small chest poke. "Fine. I suppose not."

"I love you," she murmured and pressed into his neck.

"I love you, too," he smiled and kissed her forehead. "Are you feeling okay? You seem tired again."