UPSIDE DOWN CONVERSATIONS

steve and eddie were walking behind you, nancy, and robin within the upside down. your heart was pounding with the thought of encountering vecna in any sort of way, so you tried to keep close distance to steve and eddie.

"hey, eddie," steve said as he caught up to him.

he turned around to face him, wondering what he needed. he awaited for his sentence to start but steve hesitated momentarily.

"you know, i'm sorry if i seemed like a real shithead or something," steve muttered as eddie chuckled, stepping over a root of some sort from vecna. his eyes kept briefly looking to see if you were okay.

"you're all good, harrington. i mean, i was jealous of you and henderson's friendship to begin with, but now, i'm okay," he responded. "he really looks up to you, dude."

you stepped over a root, looking at nancy who was looking back towards steve and eddie. you turned around to look at what she was looking at, noticing that eddie glanced over at you. your eyes tried to find everything else you could look at, your cheeks beginning to gain the sensational heat up of red blush. you stopped walking, looking at him once more before nancy caught up with robin as you did the same.

"hey, man, i also have to ask," steve began as eddie nodded, stepping over another one of vecna's root systems. "how did you manage to date her?"

eddie laughed, looking over at you.

"_______?" he asked.

steve nodded.

"i mean, i tried to get her to go out with me so many times," he said, feeling the shift in tension from eddie as he cleared his throat. "i mean, look, you're just super lucky is all i'm saying. she's incredible."

he nodded, looking over at you once more.

"she's the best person i know," eddie responded. "how i managed to get her to say yes to me? the freak? the person who is still in high school after failing for like, i don't know, a couple years now? i'm not sure, you'd have to ask her."

you turned around, waiting on eddie and steve to catch up to you.

"______, watch your foot!" eddie yelled out as you took a step back, tripping over a rock of some kind as you fell back into eddie's grasp. you let out a sigh, looking down to see the vines had stopped moving. you put a hand to your head as you closed your eyes.

steve nodded, allowing the two of you some space.

"i can't do this, eddie," you said softly, your eyes closed. you could feel his hands gently running themselves up and down your arms, keeping you close to him as you let out a shaky sigh.

"hey, princess, you're alright, i've got you," he said softly. "i would never let go of you."

you nodded, standing up some as you opened your eyes and turned around to look at him.

"you'll be okay," he said, his eyes observing yours. "you're okay."

you nodded, trying to ease your breathing as eddie grabbed your hand in his tightly, leading you along carefully with him.

"you know," he began, trying to ease the tension with the situation going on. "the first day we met, i had the biggest crush on you."

you laughed a little from the stress, tucking some hair behind your ear.

"no way," you replied as he laughed.

"i'm not kidding. it was when you were wearing those jeans with the t shirt that you later admitted was from your older brother's nerdy closet," he replied as you smiled to yourself. "and you first ran into me when you were trying to find, oh who was it," he began but you laughed.

"i never dated him, munson," you replied, nudging him in the side.

"oh, i'd hope you didn't considering that i made you fall in love with me first," he told you as you laughed some more. steve looked back at the two of you, seeing just how in love the both of you were with each other.

"why would i ever date him when i obviously wanted to date the cult leader of a game that ruins people's minds with devilish thoughts?" you joked, hearing him laugh a little as you smiled over at him.

"you're the first person that i've ever loved," eddie admitted to you, feeling you stop as your hand slowly slipped from his.

"you love me?" you asked sweetly. he came back over to you, pulling you back into his arms as he held you close.

"yes," he admitted, rubbing your back gently. "i do."

tears escaped your eyes, but you couldn't help it.

"eddie," you muttered softly as he nodded, holding you close to him. "i love you too."