LETTER (2)

"_________, hey, it's okay, alright? it's okay, maybe you just accidentally left it out where it got brushed off your desk or something," eddie said as you shook your head, shakily holding the letter as you looked up at him, wiping away a few of the small tears you had. 

"eddie, this letter details every bad thing andy said to me, you think i would just leave this out and about in my room? i hid it, i hid it underneath the three boxes underneath my bed. i mean, you would have to be searching for it to find it, eddie. i don't, i didn't want people to know, i mean. it's sensitive and i only wanted you to know," you said, wiping away the few tears that were brimming at the bottom of your eyes. "i feel like, i feel betrayed and invaded," you muttered as eddie reached out, touching your arm gently as you flinched slightly, relaxing afterwards. 

"________, what else did he do?" he asked softly, trying to take the letter gently from you, but your fingers, while shaky, were gripping it so tightly. "i wouldn't ever tell anybody, love. you know this." 

"he knows everything he did," you said softly, shaking as you thought about it all. "he knows everything before you. and why? why did he need to know? why couldn't he respect my space? i told him not to read this, i told him not to go searching for something hidden because it was hidden for a reason. i would have opened up to him when i was ready, but he didn't just wait."

eddie looked at the letter you were gripping so tightly in your hand, the pages were creasing and you could easily tell that you were shaking prefusely. his eyes flicked back up to yours, seeing yours staring off towards the side of your bed. 

"look," he started softly as your eyes stayed in the same spot. "you are okay, okay? i will protect you, i will keep you safe. and if you want me to, i'll talk to steve. if not, i won't. i just need you to talk to me, princess." 

your eyes slowly moved up to his as you shook your head. 

"i can't do this. eddie, i can't," you said softly, through tears. "i was trying to keep this only for you. i wish i hadn't written any of this down."

"it's best that you did, princess, trust me. it's good, it's like, a form of therapy. babe, i need you to talk to me, okay? i need you to tell me what you want to do," eddie said, moving closer to you slowly as you tensed up more, feeling the paper in your hands beginning to tear slightly as eddie took notice. 

"i want to help you," he told you gently. 

you nodded, closing your eyes as you started to softly cry. eddie approached you cautiously, placing a hand on your arm as you tensed slightly before relaxing underneath his hold. your hands slowly loosened on the letter, allowing eddie to take it from you before cautiously pulling you into his arms, wrapping you up in his embrace. he held the letter in his hand still, looking down at it. it was pages and pages and pages long, causing him to sigh, trying to comprehend what all had actually happened besides what all you had told him. he could feel your hands slowly sliding up his back as you held onto him tightly. 

he sighed, reading the back page of the letter from what he could see while holding you. you were still crying, but it was more of a hiccup cry rather than a sob as previous. his eyes read over the words you had written, causing his heart to sink. 

"oh, _________, why didn't you tell me," he muttered softly as you leaned back to look at him. 

"what?" 

your teary eyes searched his, wondering what he was talking about. 

"he," he started but shook his head, not being able to even really start the sentence. you were waiting on him to tell you, wiping your eyes with the sleeve of your shirt as you thought through everything in your letter. he didn't want to upset you anymore, he really didn't. but it was such a shock to him. "he really, he," he stumbled over his words as you thought back to what you had written on the last page.