MIDNIGHT HANGOUTS

a/n: this is based on halloween events that occur :)
-

you called his name through your house, searching for where he could have possibly gone this late at night without you with him. you walked past the set of stairs that led up to your bedroom and your little brother's bedroom as you heard a creak from the dining room area. you sighed, walking into it and pushing back the curtains to see nothing there.

confusion masked your features as you tried to think of where he might have gone when you felt two hands grab your waist. you let out a small shriek before trying to swing at whatever had grabbed you.

you heard his laughter from underneath the mask before you tugged it off.

"you little punk!" you yelled, hitting his chest with your fist as he continued laughing as he held you close.

"you're too easy to scare! i can't help it!" he replied, pressing a kiss to your forehead as a question of forgiveness. you nodded, letting out a sigh.

"and the myers mask? i mean, i know he's my favorite and all, but you know i'll still have a thing for you, munson," you joked, giving him a sweet smile before hearing the front door open. your parents and little brother walked back into the house as you and eddie let go of each other.

"did you guys have fun?" you asked your mom, handing eddie the mask back as you walked over to greet them in the kitchen.

"your dad did. i, on the other hand, did not. i hate this holiday," she mumbled, heading past you and up towards the bedroom. you laughed a little, turning back to your dad who gave you a smile and passed by you to talk to eddie. you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"dad?"

he turned back around as he got closer to eddie to talk to you.

"just wait outside for him, okay? i'm just having the dad talk," he responded as you sighed, reluctantly walking outside and sitting on the stoop of your porch as you waited for him.

-
after a couple of minutes of waiting in the cold weather, you heard the door open causing you to turn around to see who it was.

"eddie, what did he say to you?" you asked, wondering what all had happened while you were sat outside in the cold.

"i'm not sure i want to talk about it," he muttered, pressing a kiss to the side of your head before heading back to his van. you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, watching him walk off before calling back to him. 

"wait, are you not going out with me tonight?" you asked as he shrugged.

"i'll call you later, princess. love you," he responded before starting the van and heading onto the road. you were utterly confused, wanting to know what he had said to him as you pushed open the door once more to find your dad now sitting on the couch.

"what did you say to him?" you asked, standing in front of the television as he sighed. 

"just the truth, that he's not good enough for you." 

you furrowed your eyebrows even more, staring down your dad as he sat back on the couch. 

"it was more than that. he wouldn't just leave me when we had plans tonight," you responded.

he sighed, standing up and facing you, grabbing both of your shoulders. 

"fine. i told him that he's a freak who will never be able to reach my daughter's standards and that he's never going to get anywhere in life and dating you won't help him," he said as you shoved his hands off of you. 

"dad!" you yelled. "what the hell is wrong with you!"

he tried to speak again but you shook your head, walking out of the house and starting to run towards the trailer park that eddie lived in. the words he said were thrashing around in your mind as your heart hurt. 
-

you knocked vigourously on his door, hearing him walking inside to open it and see you there. 

"_______?"

"are you really going to believe those things that my dad said about you when you know how much i love you?" you asked, out of breath from running. he sighed, looking off to the side as you waited for him to respond. 

"maybe it's just true, ________," he responded as you shook your head. you stepped inside the trailer, shutting the door with your foot as you leaned up and pulled him onto your lips. when you let go, you observed him from where you were. 

"get those damn words out of your head, munson. you know how much i love you," you reminded him, staring up at him as his eyes observed yours. 

"i want your dad to like me," he replied as you shook your head.

"no, munson, you don't need him to like you because it doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is that i like you, okay? he'll eventually come around," you muttered as your hand was holding onto his jacket to keep him close to you. 

"we've been dating for three years, princess. if he hasn't come around by now, how is he going to?" he asked, staring back at you. you sighed, pulling him slightly closer as he kept his eyes on you. 

"why do you want him to like you so badly?" 

"because it's your dad, _______. i want your parents to like me," he replied. 

"well, i hate to burst your bubble, but i'll still go out with you no matter what my parents say," you said with a smile. eddie cracked a small smile as you pulled him into your arms to hold onto him. 

"you're too good for me," he muttered into your hair as you shook your head. 

"no, munson," you murmered. "you are too good for me. anyways, we have some place to be tonight because it's halloween and i promised nancy we would go to a party her friend is having, okay?"

you leaned back to look at him, giving him a small smile. 

"relax, eddie," you muttered, seeing him start to relax. "everything will be okay."