COMBINED JEALOUSY

"i'm not joining hellfire, eddie," you told him, laughing a little as he followed you around the cafeteria.

"mhmm, and why's that?" he questioned as you glanced briefly at him before responding.

"because," you muttered, going back to handing out the papers you were told to give out by nancy. he shook his head, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"yeah, see, princess, that's not really a reason," he muttered, leaning closer to you as you sighed, handing out another flyer to somebody passing by.

"i think it is," you mumbled as eddie sighed, his hand running down from your shoulder to your arm as he pulled you back closer to him.

mike and dustin watched from afar.

"you're a lot smarter than i am, you should know that it's not really a reason," he said softly, leaning closer to you as you smiled to yourself. you had stopped handing out the flyers now, keeping them closer to your chest.

"you told me that it's no place for a woman," you muttered, your eyes meeting his as he laughed.

"i'll make the exception for you," he replied, his eyes staring deeply into yours as you considered his offer. "come on, princess. you know you want to."

"maybe i do, maybe i don't," you muttered, turning around to go over to his table but he caught up to you and stood in the front of you. "eddie, why do you want me so badly to join?"

he smiled as you blushed heavily in response.

"like i said, _______," he mumbled closely to you. "i'll make an exception for you. just think about it."

he pressed a brief kiss to the side of your head before going back over to his table and sitting down. you turned around to make eye contact with him once more before leaving the cafeteria.

eddie sighed, taking a bite of his food as mike spoke up.

"so, what was that?" he asked him as eddie smiled to himself before responding.

"what was what?"

"the whole thing with ______," dustin said to him. "i mean, do you like her or something? you were acting really close."

the three other guys looked back over at him, wondering what he was going to say.

he shrugged.

"i like her enough to be dating her," he mumbled as mike and dustin both looked at each other in bewilderment while the three other guys laughed and patted his back.

"you're dating ______?" dustin asked as eddie nodded. "like, actually?"

he nodded slowly, his eyes studying dustin's.

"steve has been trying to date her for months," he said, laughing a little as eddie shifted uncomfortably in his seat. he already knew steve was jealous of his and dustin's friendship and now you?

he didn't know what to make of that statement.
-

after getting out of school, you were headed to the one spot you knew eddie would be at. upon arriving in the woods, you turned to look around you to see where he was. when you didn't find him, you began to look around for him but soon felt two arms wrap around you and pick you up.

you yelled a little out of surprise before hearing his voice.

"______, it's just me! it's just me," he laughed, holding you close to him as he set you back down.

"is this your way of trying to get me to join hellfire?" you asked, waiting for a response but he didn't say anything in reply. you got confused, nudging his chin with your head to get him to listen to you but he shook his head.

"apparently steve harrington has been trying to date you? for months?" he asked.

you sighed, leaning your head back onto his chest as he looked down at you.

"so that's what this is about," you muttered. "i never went out with him."

"dustin mentioned it today at lunch," he mumbled as you nodded, your hands finding his that were wrapped around your waist.

"you know you don't need to worry," you responded. "i'll never leave you."

he smiled to himself, pressing a kiss to your head before letting out a content sigh, still holding you.