TELL ALL

walking around vecna's house, the lights ceased to exist and steve was too scared to be off by himself so he followed you around. dustin called him your little puppy dog. 

"so," steve broke the silence of you two exploring the upstairs rooms. you glanced around behind you at him as you both continued walking around the hallway. "what do you see in him?"

"in who?" you played dumb, knowing damn well who he was talking about.

"eddie," he muttered. 

you laughed, turning around to look at him. 

"i could ask you the same thing about brenda," you laughed causing him to defend himself.

"hey! she's a nice girl," he replied as you nodded, raising your eyebrows.

"dustin said that you told him that she could be the one," you laughed a little, nudging his arm as you walked past him and into the room. steve followed after you, close on your heels. 

"okay, well, you're dating the freak," he retorted. you chuckled, shaking your head as you turned back around to face him from the clock you were standing in front of. 

"you're still like how you were in high school."

"and what would that be?" he asked, his eyes studying yours as you finally looked up at him.

"you're still so obsessed with me," you muttered. 

"obsessed is a bit strong," he mumbled, shifting on his weight uncomfortably. 

"well, okay, maybe it is. but you, steve harrington, have not let me live down the fact that i've never dated you. you did this with peter, you did this with billy, and now you're doing this with eddie," you explained, hitting his chest lightly with your borrowed flashlight from dustin. 

steve sighed, looking off to the side as you stared up at him, waiting for him to respond.

"what do you mean?"

you shook your head.

"steve," you muttered softly, your eyes carefully studying his. "i remember every time we saw each other in school, you would stare at me constantly. whether i was talking or not, you would stare at me to see how i was reacting to things your friends, at the time, said. dustin would always point everything out to me when we were fighting the russians beneath starcourt, but i ignored it at that time because i considered us friends and i thought you did too. i mean, steve, you never wanted me around billy."

"because he wasn't a good person, and i'm not trying to speak ill of the dead."

you nodded, looking down towards the old floorboards. 

"maybe i'm just reading into things, but as soon as i started dating eddie," you paused, taking a shaky breath. "dustin told me some of the things you said."

steve sighed, running his hand through his hair as he looked towards the doorway where dustin was standing. he shook his head before turning back to face you as you were reshouldering your bag before passing him and into the hallway. 
-

"nice going, henderson," steve muttered as they all were walking through the woods to find eddie. you were walking ahead of the two of them, holding the single strap of dustin's bag on your shoulder. he had asked you to hold it in case eddie tried to reach them and he knew that you would answer without hesitation.

"what?" he questioned, staring at his compass. 

"_______," he said softly as you kept walking ahead of them.

"what about her?" he asked, looking down at the compass still.

"you told her what i thought about eddie?" he asked.