FLASHBACK GREETINGS

two years with eddie munson and, granted he got held back in high school for both years, he was the best thing to ever occur in your life. after you had been through so much with the mall fire, which you knew the truth of, and having to deal with billy passing away in such a tragic incident- you were closing yourself off to everybody.

everybody, until eddie came along into your life.

the air was cold as you were walking to school, trying to think through everything you had to do today. trying to figure out what stuff to distract yourself with when you bumped into somebody on the road, close to the woods of the school that you took a shortcut through.

"shit, sorry," he said as you looked up, taking off your headphones to see who it was. you observed him for a moment, trying to figure out if he looked safe to be around considering your trust issues from what had happened.

"it's okay," you replied, deciding he was okay. "i wasn't really looking where i was going."

he smiled sweetly at you, noticing how your eyes were fixating on something just behind him. he turned around and saw nothing, but took notice that you seemed really tense.

"you're ______, right?" he asked as you nodded slowly, bundling your hands in your woven sweater with sleeves that had been stretched from being worn so frequently. "i'm sorry about what happened. i heard you two were close."

you nodded once more, trying to not think of it all. everybody knew not to talk to you about that one day because of how traumatic it was. they didn't want to hurt you any more than what had already occurred.

"you know, i've seen you around at school a good bit lately and i've been wanting to talk to you," he admitted as you looked back up at him in slight confusion.

"you have? why?"

"because you seem like you have a good heart," he replied, seeing you smile a little as he smiled back at you. "and i mean, not to sound like a broken record much like everybody else in this school, but you're really pretty."

you blushed heavily, smiling up at him as the thoughts of that day and billy had slipped from your mind as you stared up at eddie.

"you're not what i thought you'd be like," you said to him as he laughed.

"mean and scary?"

you nodded, shifting in your shoes slightly.

"well, ______, glad i didn't come off as a freak or anything," he joked as you laughed lightly. the first time you had laughed in months.

snapping out of the daydreaming phase, you felt his hands on your shoulders as you looked back at him from where you were sitting in class. he smiled at you, pressing a kiss to your forehead before pulling you up.

"i'm not joking with you when i say i need just a d to pass this class," he said as you laughed, shouldering your backpack as you two left the classroom and began walking to the cafeteria. "i'm being serious!"

"i know, eddie, i know," you laughed. "but, you do realize that you know somebody who's got an a in the class and is very willing to help you for free kisses."

you eyed him to see what he would say and you soon felt his arms pulling you closer to him by your waist as you laughed and felt him press several kisses to your cheek.

"okay, okay, i'll help you," you told him. "i want to see you graduate."

he smiled back at you, letting go as you both ended up stopping by your locker first before going to the cafeteria. while at your locker, eddie recalled you two meeting for the first time that cold day.

"you know," he began as you looked over at him while swapping your textbooks out. "i wasn't even intending to be in the woods the day that i met you."

you put your books in your bag as you shut your locker and nodded, reshouldering the bag before letting him continue as you two walked to the cafeteria to sit with the group of guys he was friends with.

"i just got sick of the shit happening in school and was going to release some tension," he mumbled. "and i ran into you."

"you're glad you ran into me in the woods like a serial killer?" you joked as he smiled back at you, rolling his eyes slightly before continuing.

"i'm being serious!" he laughed. "i don't think i'd ever get the guts to come up and talk to you if we hadn't met then. dustin kept trying to make me talk to you but, everytime my eyes landed on you during the year, i just felt my heart pounding in my chest."

you blushed heavily, thinking about the last two years with him.

"well, eddie," you began as he looked back over at you. you both stopped right outside the cafeteria doors. "i'm glad that you've been held back these two years, granted i really want you to graduate, but i wouldn't of known you if you hadn't."

he smiled back at you, pressing a brief kiss to your lips before continuing into the cafeteria, making jokes with you the entire time before joining dustin and his friends at the table they always sat at.