PROMISES

you knocked on his trailer door, waiting for him to answer as you looked behind you in slight panic upon hearing a noise from a rabbit or dog nearby. when you turned back around, you heard the door opening as eddie greeted you.

"hey, princess," he greeted you with the pet name. "everything okay?" he asked, seeing your pure panic seeping through.

you shook your head, not saying a word as you tried to get the thought out of your mind. he let you inside, making sure nobody was outside watching you two before he shut the door. you were beginning to walk back to his bedroom as he followed you.

"you wanna explain to me what's going on?" he asked gently, easing his hand out to touch your arm to see how you'd react. you tensed up, inching yourself back from him slightly before apologizing.

"i'm sorry," you said softly, your eyes not meeting his as he shook his head, going over to his bed as he took a seat. you turned around to look at him, seeing him grab a cigarette as you walked over to him and took it out of his mouth. "it's not you, i promise," you told him, tossing the unlit cigarette in the trash can.

he nodded, watching as you threw out his cigarette. he knew you didn't like his smoking habits, but he did it when he got nervous.

"then what's tormenting you?"

you sat down next to him, feeling his eyes on you the entire time.

"eddie," you began, speaking softly as if somebody else could hear you. you never knew in this town, though. "it feels like there's something following me."

"something or someone?" he asked, looking over at you still as you stared aimlessly at the wall. your eyes were panicked and he could feel the nerves coming off of you.

"i'm not sure," you said softly. "it feels like somebody, but i don't really know because i never see the person."

eddie was going through his mind, trying to figure out if it was someone he might know or somebody that would want to cause you any sort of harm. he was unsure.

"when did you start realizing this?" he asked, gently placing his hand on your leg as you tensed up before relaxing under the warmth from his hand.

"about a week ago," you muttered, now looking down at his hand as eddie nodded. he was trying to think about everybody who would be creepy enough to be following you around.

"______," he said, seeing your eyes still staring at his hand. "princess," he said, using the pet name for you, causing you to look up at him now. "do you think it's somebody we know?"

you were unsure, thinking it over as you felt your heart tighten. he could tell you realized something, seeing it in the way your face fell.

"jason," you muttered softly, feeling your heart tighten slightly as eddie squeezed your leg a little, trying to get you to calm down. "oh my God, he's been following me? eddie," you began as he shook his head.

"he can't hurt you," eddie told you softly. "i won't let him."

you shook your head, standing up as eddie's hand slipped off your leg as you tried to go digging for the drugs he had that he used to calm himself down. eddie immediately knew what you were looking for as he got up and grabbed your waist, pulling you up and against his body.

"princess, i promise you, he can't hurt you," he said, holding you tightly against him. he was trying to ease your anxiety about the situation as he gently swayed you back and forth with him. "it's going to be okay. you can stay here if you need to for a while."

you nodded, leaning your head back against him with your eyes closed. eddie knew he had you when he felt your hands rest on his that were holding you close to him.