LOST & FOUND

the search was on for him and you weren't just going to let them all go alone, especially considering he was your boyfriend. dustin turned around to face you as you grabbed your bag to join them.

"hey, woah, ______, what are you doing?"

you looked at him like he didn't understand.

"what do you mean what am i doing? i'm coming to look for him, obviously," you responded, about to leave but steve also joined dustin in stopping you.

"it's too dangerous," steve said as you looked up at him in confusion.

"it's too dangerous? steve, if it's too dangerous for me- it's even more dangerous for eddie of all people right now. if you need to gain any sort of trust from him, i'd be the one to negotiate it."

steve looked over at dustin who furrowed his eyebrows in response.

"i'm friends with him, i could negotiate it," he replied as you shook your head, moving past them but mike stopped you.

"why are you guys trying to stop me? he's my boyfriend," you said, shifting your weight as they all three looked confused. robin laughed at their confusion, beginning to explain their stupidity to them.

"if you guys couldn't see that coming, you're all blind," she said as you nodded. your eyes looked between the three of them as robin came over and tugged you along with her.

"you and eddie are dating? like, actually? like, you two get together and he acts all sweet? i'm so confused," dustin muttered. "eddie isn't sweet, he's tough. he's a badass."

you laughed to yourself.

"my, my, henderson, what a lot you have to learn about my eddie," you replied, reshouldering your bag as you and robin led the boys on with max standing next to you.
-

"eddie?" you loudly whispered as dustin made a joke about steve poking a boat with an oar like he was the biggest scaredy cat of the group. max and robin were looking with you near the back of the shed before you all jumped from the sudden noise of somebody jumping out of a boat.

he was shakily holding a broken beer bottle against steve's neck as dustin tried to level with him but he wouldn't listen. you cautiously approached, smiling at him briefly before speaking to him.

"eddie," you said softly. "we're here to help you, we're not trying to hurt you. we want to help, but we can't if you won't let us."

he didn't move the bottle from steve, but you could tell he was listening to you.

"come on, drop the bottle," you said softly. "please, eddie. he's okay, we're all okay. we're all here for you," you told him. "come on," you pleaded with him.

you all waited in tension but watched as he stood up and immediately took you in his hold. he was shaking prefusly, and you could definitely feel it as you held back onto him.

"i've got you," you said softly. "i'm right here."

he shook his head, shaking with a cold sweat as the images flashed in his mind. you held onto him tightly, not wanting to let go. your eyes met dustin's as he stared at the two of you. you nodded, allowing them to make sure steve was okay as they all got gathered around in a circle to hear what he had to say.

"don't let go of me, please," he said softly to you and it was only for you. "i can't, i can't bear to think about what i saw. and i can't handle this alone," he muttered. you could sense that he was on the verge of starting to sob and you fully embraced him with an even tighter hold.

"i won't, eddie, i promise," you told him softly, pressing a brief kiss to his jaw before nestling your head back into the crook of his neck. his small, shaky sigh let you know that what you were doing was working. you tried to keep him as close as humanly possible.