GRADUATION DAY

MAJOR SPOILER EFFECT IN PLACE.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:)
SPOILERS BELOW.
-

graduation day should have been one of the best days of your life- one of the best days that would remind you of all the things you accomplished or got through during high school, but you were instead just wishing he was there.

you wanted him to come celebrate the achievements that both of you had made together with you and you wanted to sneak away from everything to smoke some of whatever he had with him while talking about your future together.

but it was all gone now.

after standing for a few moments to talk to a couple of people, you started to walk away and towards the parking lot of the school when you heard somebody running up after you.

"_____!"

you turned around, seeing it was steve harrington.

"______, you left before robin and i could come congratulate you," he said, now caught up to you as he looked down into your eyes and saw it all. you looked so broken hearted, and he knew. "right."

you nodded slowly, trying to force out a smile but you just couldn't seem to muster one up.

"you know we're here for you still," he told you as you nodded, looking off towards the woods where you and him would always go together. your eyes studied it for a while before reluctantly looking back at steve.

"it was supposed to be his year," you mumbled, feeling your tears slipping down your cheeks as you looked slightly behind his shoulder as you noticed dustin and robin walking your way.

"_____! there you are!" robin called out as your teary eyes looked between the three of them before taking a cautionary step back.

"we're overwhelming her," steve nudged the two of them as they suddenly flashbacked to everything that had happened.

"i didn't forget, ______, i miss him so much," dustin said as you nodded.

"you guys don't understand, he was my first," you said softly, trying to get them to understand what you were telling them. dustin nodded, already knowing as robin and steve looked between each other. "and now he's just gone. he didn't get to graduate and i've lost the one person who deeply understood me."

you turned away, wiping your tears as dustin ran after you and pulled you into a hug. you always considered him like one of your younger brothers since you only had an older sister who wasn't really around anymore.

you held back onto him in a sibling loving kind of way as you tried to hold back your tears before letting them loose as dustin nodded.

"we'll take care of you, ______."