ARGUMENTATIVE PUSH (I)

"steve, i can't keep having this same argument about the dumbest shit! why won't you just trust me on this! you're making this too hard!" you exclaimed, looking at him in the back of the family video store that he was working at with robin currently. 

steve scoffed, looking off to the side as you waited for an answer from him. 

"look, you know how much i trust you, _________. but you would feel the same way if the roles were reversed!" he replied, causing you to look at him with the most blasphemous expression you could muster up. 

"are you kidding me? you think that, after three years of dating me, that i would act like that around not only a person who does not have feelings for me, but around anybody?" you questioned, looking up at him. steve sighed, looking off towards the side still before meeting your eye contact. 

"_______, i know that look because that's the same look i gave you. and i know your looks because of how long that we've been together," he said. "i wouldn't just muster up some random shit to make you break up with me. do you really believe that i want to leave you?" steve asked as you sighed, grabbing your jacket. 

"at this point, steve, i don't really know what to think," you responded, opening the door with a hurry as you quickly put your jacket on over your arms. robin watched as you walked outside from the tiny room the two of you were arguing in as steve sighed, coming out from it and leaning against the counter. 

"bye, _______?" robin called out, somewhat similar to a question. d 

you didn't even acknowledge her. 

"trouble in lover's paradise?" robin asked as steve sighed once more, sitting up with his chin resting in his palm as he stared out the door where you had just exited through. robin raised her eyebrows as she waited for a response from her friend. 

"she just doesn't get it," he replied as robin furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"she doesn't get what, harrington?" 

"she doesn't get why i feel the way that i do. it's because i've gone through it, and she just wants to believe that the freak isn't pining over her constantly?" steve muttered out the question, staring out the windows of the doors still. 

robin walked out from behind the counter, clapping her hands in front of her friend. 

"are you really trying to convince her to break up with you, because you seem to be doing a splendid job at it!" she exclaimed as steve looked at her in shock and confusion to her response to his moping. 

"what?" 

"from her perspective, she's probably thinking about how much she loves you and how much she would rather not lose you. but you're making it too hard for her because you keep thinking and assuming that every guy that makes eye contact with her for longer than five seconds is suddenly wanting her to be their wife, as if that's even what she wants. and if we're thinking clearly about this, steve, you might have just pushed her closer to eddie because of this argument. i mean, they are friends after all, and this probably didn't help her feelings," robin rambled as steve listened and took into account all she was saying.

"shit," he muttered as it hit him, causing him to grab his jacket abruptly and hop over the counter to go outside and find you quickly. 
-

"so, he seriously thinks that you're flirting with me constantly just because we're friends?" eddie asked as you nodded, picking at the loose thread on your sweater. your mind was flooded with the thoughts of steve's words from pervious arguments about everything that steve thought you wanted. 

"apparently," you muttered. "i don't know what made him get so worked up. i mean, he's still friends with nancy even though we both know how much he loved her. but i'm okay with it because i know that they're friends and that she's dating jonathan now."