FLASHBACK REMINDERS

author's note: this goes without saying, but spoilers are ahead for volume two. although, everybody should already know what happened lmao.
-

after everything that had happened, you were silent. you didn't want to speak, but what was there to even talk about at this point? outside of the wheelers house, you were searching through a box with dustin as he hesitantly looked over at you. 

"i'm sorry," he said as you shook your head. 

"don't pity me, please," you said softly. dustin nodded, shutting the lid of the box as you stood back and shut the trunk of the car as steve and robin both looked at you. "i can feel both of you staring at me."

you turned to face them as you watched them try to act like they weren't.

"i'll be okay," you muttered, forcing out a weak smile but dustin could read through it so easily. he knew how much it hurt you to lose him- he was your only love that you had ever had and now he was gone. it wasn't going to be as simple as you hoped it would be.

the silence was broken as a van pulled up and five people got out of it: mike, will, el, jonathan, and somebody you had never met. you hadn't met will or el, but you knew of them more than jonathan or the new guy who had joined their journey. 

dustin looked between all of them as you stayed by the car. nancy went over to jonathan as the two embraced, keeping each other close. you felt your stomach twisting into a knot as dustin took notice. 

"_______," he said as you looked over at him with tears in your eyes. 

"i'm sorry, i can't do this," you said, rushing off into the wheeler's house with tears streaming down your face. robin and dustin both looked at steve as he sighed, rushing off after you. he knew how to handle your emotions, especially with how fragile you were. you trusted steve probably the most of the group, besides dustin. 

mike looked over at dustin in confusion, knowing you from high school. will and el shared confused expressions as dustin sighed, not eager to explain what was going on with your emotions. 
-

steve knocked gently on the door, hearing your sniffles coming from inside.

"________, can you please come out of the bathroom?" he said, waiting to see if you were going to listen to him or not. he heard the door knob twist and soon you stepped out of the bathroom. your teary eyes didn't want to meet steve's, so he just pulled you into a comforting hug. "we're all here for you, you know that right?" 

you nodded. 

"i know, but," you paused, trying to hold in your sobs. "but i miss him so much, steve. what am i going to do without him?"

"you're going to be stronger for him," he said as you felt tears slipping down your cheeks. 

"seeing nancy and jonathan was too hard," you muttered as steve pulled away from you to meet your watery eyes. 

"_______, i know you don't think so, but i know just how strong you are. and i know that he did this to save you and give you a chance, along with the rest of hawkins, another chance to continue living. he wouldn't want you to grieve for too long, he would want you to push through for him." 

you closed your eyes, thinking about everything that had happened with him in the last two years that you were together for. 

"eddie, i can promise you that this is the worst food i've ever had," you laughed as he smiled back at you, taking the plate away from you. 

"i know i'm a shitty chef, but the least you can do is pretend," he laughed, tossing the plates of food before coming back over to you and wrapping you up in his arms. he let out a sigh, thinking about a second option but you read his mind. 

"we could go get pizza and drinks," you suggested. "and then go to our spot." 

he smiled, pressing a kiss to the side of your head as you closed you eyes, enjoying the feeling of him with you.

"_______, you're one of the strongest people i know," steve said as you were snapped back into the harsh reality of your current life. you opened your eyes, nodding in response to his statement. 

"it doesn't make it any easier," you muttered.

"i'm not trying to make it any easier, i'm just trying to help you," he said as you sighed, giving him another hug before the two of you left to go meet up with everybody else outside.
-

"_________, we heard-" mike started as you held out your hand. 

"i don't want the pity, i don't want to think about it right now," you said. "i need to help you guys with the end of the world as we know it, and i can grieve later." 

will came over to you, holding out his hand as you took it. 

"i'm will," he said as you nodded.

"i know, mike and dustin wouldn't shut up about your story. the boy who came back to life," you said, forcing out a smile. will nodded, holding your hand slightly tighter before letting go. 

"i understand, if you ever want to talk," he offered as you nodded, tucking some loose hair behind your ear. 

"i might take you up on that, will." 

el was next to come over to you, pulling you into a hug as you were caught off guard. you hesitantly put your arms around her as she sighed. 

"nice to meet you, ________," she said as she let go. you nodded at her, once again forcing a smile.

"nice to meet you too," you responded. 

your mind wandered to when you had first met eddie, causing your eyes to start watering again as you tried to contain your tears.

"pleasure to meet you," you joked, smiling to yourself as eddie shook his head, holding out his hand as he stood on a chair. you looked up at him in confusion. 

"the pleasure is all mine, m'lady," he said as you laughed, smiling up at him as you took his hand and joined him on the chair in the hellfire room. you were blushing with how close the two of you were right now before the door opened and dustin walked in. 

"woah, woah, woah, did we skip a few chapters?" he asked as you stepped off the chair, eddie following you abruptly afterwards. 

"i'd like to," eddie said as he glanced over at you. your eyes met his, smiling back at him as dustin looked between the two of you. 

"what the hell is going on, just ask her out," he exclaimed as eddie laughed awkwardly. 

"fine, fine, twist my arm," he joked. "______, would you-?"

"yes," you said, smiling at him before hearing the bell ring. "shit, i have to get to class. i'll catch up with you guys later." 

eddie smiled at you before calling your name once more before you had the chance to leave. 

"tonight at eight? i can pick you up," he said as you nodded. 

"ask dustin for my address," you smiled back at him before leaving. 

"_________, hey, snap out of it," dustin said as he waved his hand in front of your face. you turned to look at him with teary eyes. 

"i know i wanted to push this down right now, but i can't. everything reminds me of him," you said as dustin nodded, pulling you into a tight hug. you held onto him, trying to not focus too much on your past memories of eddie. 

"we're all here for you," he said. "especially me and steve, we understand, okay?" 

you nodded.

"thank you, dustin."