FOR YOU (6)

you woke up in a panic in the middle of the night, jolting awake as you backed up onto the headboard of your bed. eddie had fallen asleep holding you, but his arms were now laying on his stomach as he slept. you looked over to the window to see that it was still night. quietly, you slipped out of the bed and grabbed your boots as you slipped them on before grabbing your backpack. 

"________, what are you doing?"

you turned to see eddie now sitting up as you shouldered your backpack and held onto the single strap you held in your hand. the other hung loosely by your leg. 

"eddie, we need to go," you said, your eyes searching his. "i need to calm down."

eddie shook his head, coming over and grabbing your free hand in his as he pulled you close. 

"what the hell is going on?" 

"i had a nightmare of somebody breaking in and getting you, but i think it might have been real," you said. 

"your parents are downstairs?" he said, half asleep still as you heard a small creak from downstairs. 

"no, no, eddie, i think they came to see if i know where you are. we need to go, i'm pretty sure it's real." 

"where are your parents?" he asked again as you opened the window and looked outside, suddenly remembering you didn't have your car. it was left at benny's. 

"shit," you muttered, grabbing your keys still as you looked back at him. "they're visiting my aunt for the night, that's why they shut the lights off when they left. aiden left to go to a friend's house, that's why he was on the phone." 

eddie looked back at your door as you hopped out of the window and onto the roof of the bathroom, looking back up at him. 

"eddie, come on. we have to make our way back to benny's, my car is there." 

his eyes met yours as you were silently telling him to get his ass of the window and onto the roof so you could lead him to safety. he paused for a moment before joining you on the roof of the bathroom, shutting the window behind him. you hopped down from the window onto the little ladder and into your yard. you peeked your head around the corner, seeing jason's car sitting in your driveway and andy was searching the outer part of the house.

"shit, eddie, we have to go," you said as he hopped down quietly next to you from the ladder. he intertwined his hand with yours for a moment before letting go so that the two of you could run off quietly into the woods. 

your boots padded the leaves in your yard as you tried to keep silent, but it was hard. eddie was in front of you so that you could keep an eye out if you saw jason or andy or any of them coming. you heard a crunch from behind you, causing you to turn around and look into the woods. you dug in your backpack, finding a flashlight as you turned it on and shined it into the woods. 

"eddie, we need to keep moving," you told him, turning around as he nodded, grabbing your free hand in his as he pulled you along with him. the two of you running through the woods as quietly as you could.

there were so many random animal noises all around the two of you and the adrenaline of possibly being chased was causing you to earn energy in your tired body. eddie squeezed your hand as a way of getting your attention. 

"is that it?" he asked as you nodded. 

"yeah, yeah, that's it," you said. 

"i didn't realize you lived so close," he muttered.

"neither did i, but i've known about this back trail for years. i just never really used it, but i guess it cuts down the walk by a couple miles." 

the two of you broke from the forest and to your car. you nervously unlocked your car and climbed inside, eddie following suit as you started the car. you sped out of the parking lot and onto a main road to try and conceal yourselves with the few other cars out on the road at the moment. 

your heart was pounding, your mind being fogged with thoughts of what might have happened to the two of you if you hadn't woken up. eddie looked over at you, seeing your hand reaching up to the necklace as you held onto it. 

"where are we going?"

you shrugged. 

"i'm not sure. i have no clue where to take you that would be safe," you said. 

"maybe we could go to the bus lot, at the school." 

you looked over at him briefly, thinking about the option. you didn't have anywhere else to take him that would be super safe and easily able to escape. your bedroom was a safe space, your house was a safe space, and jason just broke into it so easily. you wondered if your parents let them inside, if they left the door unlocked with an understanding that eddie was in your room and they wanted somebody to get him. 

"do you think my parents let this happen?" 

"what?" he asked, looking over at you still, his hand resting on your leg briefly before he sat up to look at you. 

"i mean, what if they knew that you were in my room. my mom could have left the door unlocked and assumed that somebody would come looking for him. maybe she was working with jason and his friends," you rambled. "maybe she-"

"hey, hey, princess, stop it. you're jumping to assumptions," he said as you stopped at a red light, trying to keep yourself calm. 

"but what if they did? you heard my mom, she obviously doesn't trust you being in my house, so maybe she wanted jason and them to get you," you said as eddie shook his head, giving you a brief smile. 

"________, trust me, okay? your mom wouldn't just let somebody into your house," he said as you sighed, nodding your head as you pulled into the school parking lot, parking your car around back where nobody would find it. 

you climbed out of the car, grabbing your backpack with the flashlight in your hand as eddie's hand held onto your other one. you locked your car, walking with him to a bus that was slightly opened. the two of you walked inside, taking a seat near the middle of the bus on the floor. 

"i know you won't get any sleep tonight, so let's talk through all of this, okay?" eddie said as you nodded, your legs entangled with his as the two of you sat across from each other in the aisle. 

"okay."