FOR YOU (4)

hawkins at night was a totally different place. teenagers were mostly partying in abandoned buildings, parents were watching television together, kids were asleep. tonight, you were walking out to a party at benny's abandoned restaurant that jason was having. you knew lucas would be there and you needed to talk to him about what was going on currently, but you needed to get him to a private place to tell him without compromising his whereabouts. dustin couldn't come, max had to make sure her mom was okay, and steve was really unwilling to come with you. robin was with steve on the decision, so you were going alone tonight. besides, the four of them were trying to work on different theories based on what happened to eddie. 

"for eddie, ______. you got this," you said, looking at the building with a bunch of christmas lights and graffitti surrounding the place. you took a deep breath in, about to start walking towards the building when you heard somebody approaching quickly. you turned around, your hand ready to hit whoever was coming. 

"oh my god! you scared me!" you said as he laughed, holding up his hands in defeat as you put yours back in your pocket of your jacket. 

"i wasn't meaning to, really. but i was thinking about the situation you were about to put yourself in and i just can't let you go into that alone," he said as you sighed, digging the toe of your shoe into the dirt on the ground. your back was to the building as he looked past you to see the partying going on. 

"thanks, steve. but you don't have to," you said softly, turning to look at the building over your shoulder. 

"i'm not letting you go into that. not with a person who threatened you at your own house," steve said as you looked back over at him. he was very certain of his decision that he had made in the moment and you could tell. 

"okay," you said softly. "let's find lucas, get him alone to tell him what he needs to know, and be quick, okay?" 

he nodded. 

"aye, aye captain," he said, doing a little salute towards you as you laughed. the two of you began walking towards the door, seeing the 'class of 86' being graffitted on the wall of the building. 

"didn't you have the pirate job last summer, steve?" 

"okay, i know that scooping ice cream for preteens isn't really the ideal steve harrington job, but you could still respect the fact that i worked with a girl who knows russian so," he shrugged as you laughed, opening the door and letting steve inside first. you walked in after him, seeing girls talking to guys while others drank, played party games, and hung out. music was playing loudly throughout the entire building as you nervously picked at the end of your jacket. 

steve took notice, resting his hand on your shoulder as you looked up at him. he nodded caringly down at you as you gave him a forced smile. 

"let's be quick," you said. 

he nodded in agreement as the two of you split up in the house to try and find lucas quickly. you pushed your way through several different groups, looking for lucas the entire time while people laughed all around you at the jokes being made or stories being told. 

your eyes were searching all over the place, hoping to find him. 

"well, well, ________ __________, didn't expect to see you here," you heard andy's voice over the crowd of people. you groaned to yourself, feeling your heartbeat quickening as you turned around to face him. 

"andy," you said flatly, crossing your arms over your chest as he walked closer to you with a drink in his hand. he took a sip, his eyes never leaving yours. 

"you know, a little birdy told me that you came here with steve harrington," he muttered, leaning closer to you as you took a cautionary step back. "did you break up with the murderer of hawkins?"