CONFUSED QUESTIONS

the family video store.

you never really went into it that often, but with eddie in hiding after being suspected of killing somebody, you needed to have something to do with him. so, you both watched movies together.

you opened the door, the name of the movie eddie wanted was lingering in the back of your mind. you headed over to the section where the movie was as you began to search for it, looking through all the movies on that shelf. 

"anything i can help you with?" 

you jumped, standing up fully as you looked up at who was talking to you.

"i think i can find it," you said, giving him a slight smile as steve cleared his throat a little, causing you to look back at him once more. 

"what kind of movie is it? horror? comedy? romance?" he asked, leaning a little closer as you shifted slightly in the tennis shoes you were wearing. 

"comedy, we all need some sort of laughter in our lives," you responded, giving him another smile as he nodded.

"yeah, i totally get that," he said, smiling once more as he leaned closer to you. "maybe we could hang out some time and i could make you laugh without a movie."

you laughed a little, finding the movie as you held it up before renting it and then leaving the store as dustin walked out of the backroom with robin and max as dustin noticed you leaving.

"i think i did it, guys. i think i might have found the one," steve said, leaning against the counter with a satisfied smile on his face. 

"and what babe would that be?" robin asked, laughing a little as the three of them tried to get a location on eddie still while the store was mostly empty.

"the girl who just left," he said with a smile as dustin laughed.

"you did not flirt with ______, did you," he asked, shaking his head as he began to look down the list of people he needed to call as steve cocked his head in confusion.

"what?" 

"that's ______, eddie's girlfriend," he said, about to start dialing another one of eddie's friends to ask where he might be when he suddenly shot his head up to look at you about to get in your car. "oh my God,  that's eddie's girlfriend."

he hopped over the counter swiftly as he flung open the door and called out your name. you looked at him, about to get in the car as you nodded.

"yeah?" 

"do you know where eddie is?" dustin asked as max, robin, and steve all started to come outside with him.

"why?" you asked, about to get in the car to go as dustin tried to stop you.

"_______, we're on his side, but we need to find him to protect him," dustin said. "and we need to figure out what happened." 

your eyes looked back into his before shifting away to look at the cut out of freddy krueger in the window of the family video store. 

"how do i know that i can trust you with his whereabouts?" you asked him, about to get in the car again but dustin grabbed the keys from you. you looked over at him, confused. 

"i'm in hellfire with him," he said as you sighed, biting the inside of your cheek in thought as you agreed.

"fine," you said. "but let me tell him when we get there so he doesn't freak out and try to kill one of you." 

dustin nodded, giving the thumbs up to the group behind him so that robin could put the closed sign up as you took the keys back from dustin and unlocked the car. the rest of the group came over and climbed in your car as you got in last and started it, letting out a shaky sigh as steve sat in the back staring at you.

robin took note of this and nodded to herself as you began the drive to where eddie was hiding out.
-

you stopped the car outside of the house, feeling sick to your stomach as you grabbed the movie and told everybody in the car to wait before you climbed out and shut the door to go talk to him.

"so, steve, still think you found the one?" dustin asked, turning around as steve scoffed. 

"well, she didn't say no to me when i asked her out," he said. 

"how did you ask her though?" max questioned.

"i said we should hang out sometime," he replied as dustin laughed with robin. 

"and that's why you wrongfully assumed," dustin explained. "you asked her to hang out with you, not to go out with you. there's a difference, steve. i thought that you of all people would know that."

steve sighed, looking out the window as he waited for you to come back.
-

"eddie?" you said as you knocked on the door, leaning against it to hear what was happening inside or if you heard him at all. you opened the door slowly, calling his name out again. "eddie?"

he appeared hesitantly from behind a small wall before seeing that it was you and he set down the broken beer bottle on the table with a half eaten sandwich. 

"you're such a beautiful sight to see," he said, letting out a sigh of relief as he walked over to you and instantly pulled you into a hug. you smiled, wrapping your arms around him as well in response to his affection. 

"and you, munson, are such a softie," you laughed as he nodded, picking you up abruptly and spinning you around as you held onto him still. you laughed, feeling your feet touch the ground once more as you punched him in the arm. "what the hell was that for?"

"you don't like going for a little ride?" he asked as you crinkled your nose up in response.

"that was such a shitty comeback," you joked before handing him the movie. "i got this movie for us and some friends," you told him as he took a second to think on your sentence.

"who did you bring with you?" he asked, not looking up at you. 

"someone from your hellfire club and like, three other people that he's friends with," you told him, meeting his eye contact. "they said that they've been calling your friends all day to find you."

eddie sighed, grabbing the broken beer bottle once more as he looked back at you. he set the movie down, still looking at you sweetly and with worry before pulling you close and pressing his lips to yours. a few seconds later and he let go, smiling back at you as you cleared your throat a little. 

"i'm, uh, i'm just going to, to get them," you said, smiling at him as you stumbled over your feet  slightly while exiting. eddie laughed to himself as he smiled sweetly towards you. he knew that he could always get you like this. 
-

"guys, you can come in," you told them as you smiled at them before they all got out of the car and headed into where eddie was hiding out. dustin opened the door, walking in after you and his friends followed with him.

"oh my God, henderson," eddie said as dustin gave him a hug. he introduced all his friends to him before steve looked over at you once more. you nodded, hoping that he silently understood. as eddie was explaining everything to dustin, robin, and max, you were cleaning some trash up as steve approached you.

"so, you're his girlfriend," he said, laughing a little out of being uncomfortable. you looked up at him briefly as you let out a small laugh.

"you'll find her one day," you told him, giving him a sweet smile as you tied up the trash bag. "plus, you asked me out with the line of 'we should hang out' which means something so different when you're dating somebody. you should know that, harrington," you replied, tossing the bag off to the side.

"what is that supposed to mean?"

"you dated nancy wheeler, you should know that asking her to hang out or to go out are two different things," you explained, laughing a little as you grabbed a beer for eddie and you before walking past him to get back to where he was.

"still, i'm sorry," he said.

you smiled back at him.

"trust me, don't worry about it. you're all good, steve."