FACADE

author's note: this isn't descriptive, but it talks about very mild ab*se so trigger warning for that & please call somebody if this is happening to you. i love you all, and i want you to be safe.

putting the writing of seriously important topics into my fanfiction is how i can spread a) the importance of the topic and b) the numbers to call to get help for these because i do not ever want to see anybody getting hurt by somebody.

i can understand how difficult it can be, i know so many of my friends have gone through stuff similar, but i implore you to please seek help when you feel safe to do so because you all are the lights of the world and the lights of my world. i love you all. i do not want to see anybody hurting or getting hurt.

i write these in order to get the messages out there because i know so many people that struggle with this and don't know how to get out of it and it breaks my heart.

call the number below.
tell somebody you trust.

i love you guys.
<3

number to call: 800-799-7233
-

you had a facade of having everything put together and being perfect, because it would bother you if something simple was out of place in your little bubble of a world that you lived in. you had to keep it together because then maybe they wouldn't notice how bad your home life was currently. everything with your dad was scary, and now your uncle was living with you while you tried to keep yourself away from the house as often as possible. your brother rarely came back to visit, even though he said that he was going to come back and get you over three years ago.

you had learned to adapt.

"hey, ________, everything okay?" chrissy asked you, catching your attention away from the small speck on the wall that you were staring at in chemistry. you looked over at her, nodding and forcing out a small smile to convince her further. she nodded, handing you the attendance sheet as you signed it before passing it on to somebody else.
-

when lunch arrived, it always made your day better instantly because you got to be with him for a little while. you needed it during the day to keep yourself together. your eyes found him in the crowd of people at his usual table, talking with his friends as they all were busily involved in the conversation.

you walked over to the table to see him, catching his attention as you tried to put on the bold face that was a mask now. whenever you got home, you would take it off. you needed to rest at times, and that time was whenever you were alone with yourself. you would listen to your uncle cheering loudly at the television at a game and your dad would be fighting with your mom over the phone.

"you okay, princess?" eddie asked, looking up at you from where you were standing at the table. you snapped out of your thoughts, nodding at him as he stood up and walked outside with you next to him. "you seem really stressed or upset about something, ________. are you sure everything is okay?"

you nodded, putting the mask back on easily.

"i'm fine, munson. i promise," you lied, giving him a smile to try and seal the deal. eddie nodded, looking into your eyes once more. you looked away towards the track field, knowing how well he could read your eyes. you didn't want him to see what was really happening. "so, eddie, there's a party tomorrow night if you wanted to go with me?"

"a party?" he asked, laughing slightly. "you know it's not my scene."

"but, my friends all said that they wanted to go," you muttered. "and i need a break from doing school work constantly."