NEEDED

author's note: hi, friends!! it's been a minute, but life update briefly: a) on thanksgiving break, b) visiting family pretty much all week,  c) dogsitting near the end of this week *i start the job tomorrow*, and d) i've been super busy with school! 

sorry for lack of updates, but school and personal life come first:) 

hope y'all will still stick around with me!:)
-

"have you been talking to anybody about this?" 

you shook your head, trying to remain calm under the circumstances that you found yourself in right now. he was back in your life again, without your permission, and it was painful having to see him around the hallways once more. you always felt sick to your stomach, like there was somebody twisting up your insides into a giant pretzel. 

"look, there isn't much i can do for you here except to make sure that you two don't have any classes together," she said. "but other than that, he isn't my responsibility after school hours, _______. you know that." 

you nodded once more.

"i just want to be safe," you muttered.

"i'd say to talk to somebody at the police station if you need some protection outside of school," she replied, the bell ringing to interrupt the conversation you were both having. "you have to get on with school. but come see me if you ever need anything," she said as you stood up, leaving the counselor's office and beginning to head towards your locker.

your mind was wandering, your attention diverted elsewhere. 

"shit! i'm so- woah, princess, what's going on?" 

you looked up at him, the tears subtly trying to hide but he knew you better than anybody else. he gingerly reached out to touch you as you shrunk back, looking towards the school doors that led out to the parking lot. he nodded, beginning to walk with you towards the doors. 

it was quiet between the two of you, the only sounds being the people around you both before the squeaking of the doors came into play. 

as soon as the cold breeze hit you, you shivered. you were unsure if it was the anxiety of the situation or the actual coolness of the wind. 

after arriving at a picnic table nearby to the school but in the back of the building, you finally started to speak. 

"they can't do anything to help me."

"what are you talking about?"

your eyes momentarily flickered to his before looking away once more. you decided to go for it, getting up and walking over to him as you stood in between his legs that were swinging over the edge of the picnic table. you slowly put your arms around him as you held onto him.

he nodded, holding you close. 

"that dick," he muttered, remembering who it was that you were talking about. "i can't believe they won't do anything."

"they're going to be keeping us seperate during school and all, but that doesn't do much afterwards does it," you said sarcastically. 

"you can stay with me," he replied.

"do you know my mother?" you joked as he laughed slightly. 

"sadly," he replied. "but, come on. you're either going to have to stay with me or i'm coming to stay with you." 

you leaned back to look at him, giving him a sweet smile. 

"have to?" 

"you seemed scared, i'm trying to sound tough, i just sound like a controlling douche, don't i," he muttered.

"you could never be like him, munson," you replied, observing everything about him as he cleared his throat slightly, shifting gently on the picnic table. 

"you're doing it again, _______,"he mumbled with a slight laugh as you began apologizing. 

his eyes met yours once more, seeing you looking at him still.

it was almost as if you were too scared to look anywhere else and see something you didn't want to see. 

"do you want me to stay over?" he asked as you nodded, still looking at him as he sighed, finally making direct eye contact with you. you nodded hesitantly as he sighed, looking at you adoringly. "then your wish is granted, my love." 

your eyes sparkled upon the compliment, but you still wanted to keep him close to you as you leaned forwards and pressed your lips to his. it was brief, but you liked it. when you let go, he shook his head, pulling you back. 

this time after he let go, you looked back at him slightly confused.

"i could do that all day," he said, his thumb gently massaging your cheek as you smiled back at him. 

"as long as you always protect me, you can do whatever you want," you muttered as he smiled back at you. he pressed a brief kiss to your cheek before lingering there momentarily. 

"can we just leave now?" you asked as he chuckled, twirling a piece of your hair around his forefinger.

"that's not like you to skip school," he muttered, pulling you slightly closer as you shrugged, looking down at him. 

"i want to go, eddie. i don't feel safe," you said as he nodded, standing up and grabbing your hand in his as the two of you walked off towards eddie's van to leave. where to? you weren't sure, but anywhere away from him would be better than anything else. 

you needed this.