NO HESITATION

"i'll go," you said, seeing eddie look at you in shock. you were tying up your hair into a bun to keep it out of your face when eddie shook his head, standing up as the two of you were now the only ones in the boat standing. you shifted slightly, catching your balance once more.

"no, you aren't," he said, looking into your eyes as you looked back at him before meeting steve's eye contact. he shrugged as you looked back over at eddie. 

"somebody has to," you told him, giving him a reassuring smile as robin handed you a flashlight wrapped in a plastic bag. you thanked her, looking back over at eddie as you saw the worry in his eyes. you smiled at him, searching his eyes as you tried to tell him it was okay. 

with that, you dove into the water. 

eddie sat back down, looking out across the lake to try and distract himself from the situation going on. robin, nancy, and steve exchanged looks as they all sat in tense silence. they didn't know if they could say anything to help the situation and were just hoping you found the gate quickly so eddie would stop worrying. 

about a minute later, they heard you emerge from the water and grab the side of the boat. 

"i found it, guys," you said, feeling something sliding up your leg as you tried to slide yourself into the boat but it pulled you down into the water and through the gate. eddie stood up in panic mode, immediately jumping in after you as the group yelled at him to wait. 

"shit!" steve yelled as nancy shook her head. 

"come on, we can't let him go alone and we certainly can't let ______ get hurt," nancy said as robin nodded as the three of them jumped in. steve jumped in last out of fear as they all went through the gate. 
-

bat creatures from the upside down. that's what the five of you were all up against as nancy and eddie grabbed the bats from off of you, killing them with the different weapons they had on them in the moment. both of them had oars while robin and steve just tried to grab them and rip them in half to kill them. 

after they got the bats off of you, eddie grabbed your hand, pulling you up as nancy checked on you. 

"what happened? are you okay?" nancy asked as you nodded, giving her a weak smile.

"i'm fine, nance," you told her, seeing more bat creatures flying towards the five of you. eddie pushed you behind him as you pressed your hand to your wound, seeing the blood dripping off your fingers. you wiped it off on your wet pants, trying to ignore it. your shirt was getting soaked with blood though, and he would soon notice.

"guys, come on! let's get to the woods so we can get out of the open!" steve yelled as all four of you followed him. 
-

"come on, we need to keep moving," nancy said, robin following her as you stayed back with steve and eddie. you were losing slight vision as you pressed your hand to your wound once more, still seeing the blood dripping off your fingers. there was too much. you were losing too much blood. 

"_______?" steve asked, catching up to you as you nodded, looking over at him. "you okay?"

"yeah, i'm great," you said, forcing it out as you stumbled slightly, trying to cover it. steve glanced down towards your shirt as he stopped you, putting his arm out. 

"shit, _______, you're losing so much blood," he said, catching eddie's attention as he came running back to you. 

"i'm fine," you said, forcing it out as you tried to cover it with your hand but eddie moved it, seeing the blood puddling onto your palm as he grew sick to his stomach. steve called nancy and robin back to you as you tried to get free of all of their concerns. "i said i'm fine, guys, i'm fine," you kept repeating, trying to convince them.