REOCCURING THOUGHTS

there was a meeting for hellfire tonight, dustin and mike walking into it and sitting next to gareth as they all continued talking before the door shut and eddie sighed heavily to get everybody's attention. 

"do any of you know steve harrington?" he asked, dustin nodding as mike slowly joined in before the two stopped as eddie shook his head at the two of them. dustin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, wondering what was going on. 

"you two little shrimp's friend stole my girlfriend," he stated flatly, his eyes were shifting between the two of them. dustin was confused, wondering what the hell he was talking about. 

"girlfriend?" he asked his friend. eddie shook his head, walking out of the room as dustin and mike both followed him. dustin stopped him from walking away any further, his confused eyes meeting eddie's. "what the hell are you talking about with a girlfriend?" 

"________," he said, looking at dustin who sighed, shaking his head. 

"________ has been dating steve for a while now, eddie. i don't know what you want me to tell you."

eddie looked between his two friends, confused about everything that they were saying until the thought finally hit him and he sat up. 

"shit," he muttered, leaning back against the headboard of his bed, running his hands through his hair as he tried to calm himself down from the same, reoccuring dream he had been having the last few months. 

months.

he got up from his bed, walking out into the kitchen as he grabbed a beer from the mini fridge underneath the counter when he heard a knock on the door. he checked the time on his watch, seeing that the digital numbers placed the time at two thirty five in the morning. curiously, he opened the door.

his heart pounded in his chest as his eyes landed on you.

"_________," he said, still holding the beer as you took it out of his hand. 

"beer, really? at two in the morning? at least something more tame," you muttered, walking into the trailer as eddie shut the door behind you, confused. you went over and set it on the counter as you turned back to face him. 

"so, it's not that i'm not happy to see you, because believe me i am," he started as you smiled over at him, walking back over to him. "but what are you doing here?"

"um, truthfully, i came to check in on you," you said. "i feel like there's something you've been keeping from me and i just broke tonight. i can't sleep not knowing what it is."

"what makes you think that i'm hiding something from you?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against the wall. you smiled up at him, messing with the end of your hair before turning to look off to the small hallway that led to eddie's room. 

"i've dated you for three years, eddie. if i don't know you by now, then where have i gone wrong as a girlfriend?" you muttered as he nodded, uncrossing his arms as he grabbed your hand in his to lead you back into his bedroom. you shut the door behind you as he took a seat, waiting for you to come join him. 

"so, what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours, munson?" 

now was the time to come clean about the dream he had been having. it wasn't pleasent at all, it was something that cut a small tear in his heart even though it wasn't real. you took a seat next to him, staring over at him attentively. 

"i've been having the same dream for the last few months," he began as you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. 

"months?" you asked, seeing him nod. 

"steve harrington stole you from me," he mumbled. "and god, ________, you don't even understand how badly that hurts me." 

you sighed, running your right hand through your hair. 

"why would you think that i'd leave you for harrington?" you asked.

"because you two have a history, i know you do. dustin told me all about freshman year for you and what you two did," he replied, his eyes avoiding yours.

"oh, munson," you muttered, standing up as you shook your head. he looked up when you said that, seeing your eyes watery with tears as you tried not to look at him. he stood up, walking over to you and reaching out. your hand instinctively grabbed his as he pulled you back to the bed where he sat down. 

"what the hell really happened because i want to get rid of this dream i've been having," he replied as you shook your head, shifting to have your head leaning against his chest. 

"steve was different, back then. i mean, i tried to be like nancy and all to change him, but i just couldn't do it so i was feeling like a failure, but then he would say things to me that brought me back to him," you muttered, letting out a sigh as your hand found his. 

"are my dreams real?"

"somewhat, but eddie," you said, sitting up as your eyes were searching his. "you know that i'm here for you no matter what you need. i'm yours, okay?" 

he nodded, pressing a kiss to the side of your head as he rest his head against yours, closing your eyes. you looked down towards the floor where you saw a bunch of random items strewn about. 

"you should clean up your room, eddie," you muttered, standing up and slipping out of his arms to start cleaning it. he watched you cleaning everything, admiring your antics and the way you did things. "i have this to give to you," you told him, standing back up as you dug a small note out of your pocket. "i wrote it the day that we met," you said as he took it from you. 

you sat down on the edge of his bed, his eyes reading over the words you had written.

"oh, so, this is really how you feel," he told you as you nodded.

"i think that with everything that has been going on the last few months and from tonight, you needed a reminder." 

he smiled at you, checking the time once more.

"it's three in the morning, princess," he said. "just stay with me."

you smiled to yourself, nodding as you rolled over onto the other side of the bed as eddie laid back down, turning off the lights but not before you rolled over to be laying practically on top of him. he smiled up at you, his eyes observing yours as his hand was on the switch to the lamp. 

"i love you," he said.

"and i, in return, munson, love you," you told him before he switched the lamp off and darkness consumed the small trailer bedroom once more.