GIG

"yo, jeff, who is that girl over there?" gareth asked as the two of them were finishing up with cleaning up after the set they had just played together. jeff turned to look at you sitting at a table, your eyes wandering the room before settling on a few spots to linger on momentarily. 

he shrugged, going back to winding up the cables. 

"i dunno, maybe eddie knows or something," he muttered.

gareth nodded, walking over to you as he took a seat at the table. you jumped slightly at the sudden noise, looking up to see who it was. 

"hey," he said, smiling at you sweetly.

"hi," you replied, giving him a brief smile as you looked behind him to see if he was finished with whatever he needed to do before leaving. "you guys sound really good."

"thanks, uh," he paused, realizing he didn't know your name.

"________," you filled in the sentence, your eyes meeting his momentarily. 

"i've never seen you in here before. how did you find out about us?" he asked, laughing slightly as he leaned back in the chair. 

"maybe i just pay attention," you muttered, smiling to yourself before looking up and he had moved to be in a chair right next to you. your eyes wandered to his, questioning his movements but he didn't seem to notice anything. "what are you doing?" you asked as he sighed, leaning back in the new chair, this time placing his arm around the back of it. 

you stood up abruptly, nearly knocking the chair over, when you saw eddie walk out from behind the bar's band area they had set up. you smiled over at him, watching him walk towards you. 

he set down the guitar he had in a case, pulling you close to him as he smiled. 

"i'm glad you decided to come tonight," he muttered, pressing a brief kiss to your forehead before seeing gareth sitting awkwardly with his arm on the back of the chair you were previously in. 

"gareth, did you and jeff get those cables cleaned up?" he questioned, looking at his friend. 

he nodded. 

"oh, yeah, we did. just as long as you got us a gig next week?" he replied.

eddie nodded, picking up the guitar once more as he said goodbye to his friend and walked off towards the doors with his arm still around your shoulder.
-

"so, you liked the gig tonight?" he asked, the two of you laying on his bed. 

you nodded, staring up at the ceiling while your mind was occupied with the previous interaction with one of eddie's closest friends. he turned his head from where he was laying to look at you, taking note of how your fingers were messing with your t-shirt.

"what's on your mind?" 

your eyes stayed glued to the ceiling.

"i think gareth was hitting on me earlier," you mumbled, still staring up at the ceiling before seeing eddie's face appear in front of you. your eyes met his, giving him a small smile. 

"and what makes you say that?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at you.

you laughed a little, smiling up at him. your hand reached up, brushing some of the hair out of his face before replying. 

"well, i wouldn't have thought anything of it because we were just talking normally. he was just asking me about the gig and everything. but then, he put his arm around me while i was sitting in the chair and it just felt like he was going to ask me something before you showed up," you explained as eddie sighed. 

"i'm sure that he'll back off since he now knows that we're dating," he muttered, laying down on top of you as you laughed, wrapping your arms around him. 

"i sure hope so, munson."

he smiled, pressing a few kisses to your neck before hearing you sigh lightly. 

"i really don't feel like doing anything," you told him as he nodded.

"i understand, i'm just telling you that i love you," he replied.

there was silence between the two of you, your hands holding him close while he was going limp in your grasp. he was probably tired from tonight, he always said you were his lucky charm. the clock ticking quietly in the background was all you could hear as you closed your eyes, still holding him.
-

a thud awoke you from your sleeping position, hearing it once more. you sat up, looking over to see that your boyfriend was no longer there, causing you to get out of the bed and walk to the bedroom door to open it. there was silence in the hallway, allowing you to cautiously step out before beginning to slowly walk down the hallway. 

you took a few steps before you bumped into somebody, shoving them backwards slightly. 

"shit, you scared me, munson!" you yelled, running a hand through your hair. 

eddie looked at you in concern, pulling you towards him gingerly. 

"everything okay?" he asked, spinning the two of you around so that he was walking backwards, his foot kicking open the door to his bedroom as you held onto him. you nodded reluctantly, continuing to hold onto him while he shut the door with his foot once more before leading you over to the bed. 

"yeah, yeah, you just scared me," you told him. "but since you did that, now i get to keep you all to myself tonight," you said, smiling sweetly towards him as he shrugged.

"i don't know about that," he muttered, laughing slightly.

you let go of him, walking over to his bed as his eyes walked the entire way with you. 

"what are you doing?" he asked.

your eyes looked at him before you laid back down on the bed, staring back up at the ceiling.

he sighed, knowing that you weren't going to let him win this. 

"okay, okay, come here," he muttered, walking over to the bed as he pulled you into his arms. you smiled, humming slightly out of content before he turned the lamp off to allow the both of you to go to sleep. 

"love you," you muttered, pressing a kiss to his cheek before resting your head on his chest as you fell asleep, the thoughts of what happened with you and gareth drifting further and further out of your mind.