YOU'RE OKAY

it had been only a few hours since you had seen the attack of chrissy right before your very eyes, and you had no idea what to do. so, you ran. you ran to the only safe place you knew of which was eddie's trailer. it was small, but he could help you and you trusted him the most. you went around to the back, climbing on the small items you had stacked up a few days ago when you snuck in to see him. you opened the window, getting your forefinger underneath the small crack in the window to lift it up. as soon as you got it open, you tossed your left leg over the small opening and pulled yourself into his bedroom. 

as soon as you landed on the floor, you got up quickly and shut the window as quietly as you could. you were shaking prefusely as you tried to search for something to use to calm yourself down. you knew where he hid everything, but your mind was so scrambled at the moment that you were losing track of everything going on and where everything was. 

the door to his bedroom opened as you jumped intensely, getting up quickly to flee before you heard him call your name. 

"__________, hey, hey, what's happening?" 

you were still shaking, trying to not allow your mind to wander back to what you had witnessed only a few hours ago. at the sight of him, you started to cry, wondering what you were going to do. 

"hey, what's going on?" he asked, walking cautiously towards you. he reached out slowly, trying to rest his hand on yours but you shrunk back in response before shaking your head. 

"i, i saw," you started, trying to keep your mind away from the situation. "her bones, they snapped," you said. your sentences were fractured severly, but he understanding your entire sentence that you were refusing to frame. 

"who's?" he questioned.

"chrissy," you said, still shaking as eddie shut the door to his room, walking over towards you as your body shrunk back in response. eddie's eyes flickered from yours to your shaking holds that were resting on your arms. 

"when did this happen?" he asked. 

"a, a few hours ago," you stuttered, closing your eyes momentarily as you relived the moment again. your hands wouldn't stop shaking as you reopened your eyes to realize that you were safe here, you were hoping you were. who knows what happened to chrissy, but it wasn't something you wanted to experience or see ever again. 

"you can stay here, okay? but i'm going to have to find dustin or mike or somebody," eddie said as your teary eyes finally met his. he could see just  how frightened you were now, the look in your eyes gave everything away. he wanted to grab you up in his hold, but everytime he tried to, you shrunk back from him in response to his adoration. "you're going to be safe here, okay?"

you nodded slowly, your eyes not moving from his now as you stayed focused on the man in front of you. 

"do you want something to eat, to change into, to drink?" eddie started offering as you finally looked away from him. your mind began to wander back to several hours ago, but you refused to allow it to budge from the current questions you were being asked. 

"just something to shower with," you told him softly. "and a change of clothes."

he nodded, heading off to the small bathroom cabinet to find you bathroom supplies. 

your hands were severly shaking now as you looked down at them. you had cut your palm trying to get out of the house after witnessing your friend being killed instantly by some unknown force. trying to escape, you knocked over a flower pot your mother had bought and you fell backwards onto it. you had felt the cut happen, the familar sting, but you weren't focused on that as much as you were with your fear.