CARE FOR ME

tw: mentions of being hurt

please call the number below if you know anybody or you are the person struggling with this. you are not alone. i love you. 

as previously mentioned, i write these stories to spread the resources related to these issues and to bring awareness to them because these are so, so important. i love you all. please stay safe. you are all worth it. i love you. <3

national domestic violence hotline: 800-799-7233

this is also another draft, but it felt insensitive to put it at the beginning of the importnat information. 

-

there was a knock on your door at around five in the morning, rising concern and confusion out of your body. you knew that if he needed you, he would come straight to your window and not your door.  your parents were asleep downstairs on the couch, where they had fallen asleep watching a movie, and your older brother was at his girlfriend's house at the moment. 

"andy?" you asked, shutting the door behind you in order to not disturb or wake your parents. you turned around to face him, your hands on your arms as you stared up at him. "what do you want?" 

"to talk," he replied, hands in his pockets of his jacket as he stared back at you.

"about?" you urged, raising your eyebrows towards him. 

he smiled back at you, his eyes looking down towards your arms, that had the sleeves slightly rolled up from doing something previously, before meeting your eyes once more. 

"us," he replied as you laughed, going to open the door when he reached out and grabbed your arm, pulling you towards him. you tried to shake his grip off of you, but you knew his strength. your mind was flashing back to everything with him two years ago. 

"please let go of me," you muttered, looking down towards your feet. 

"why? your new boyfriend isn't here or else you wouldn't have answered the door," he replied. 

"it doesn't matter if he's here or not, why the hell did you come to my doorstep this late at night?" you asked him, trying to avoid his consistent stare towards you. 

"look, _______, come on. i just want to talk to you. what happened between us? one moment, you were so in love with me and then the next, you were just so hurt and i don't know why," he explained his confusion, causing you to grab the door handle with tears in your eyes. 

"you don't know why? you're serious right now? you don't know why?" you repeated your question as andy nodded, his hands shoved deep into his pockets as he stared back at you adoringly. "did the night of october seventh mean anything to you?" you asked him.

he shrugged, trying to think back to that day. 

"it was about nine months into us dating, i remember that because we were coming up on a year and then that night, you just snuck out when i was sleeping with no explanation and i hadn't seen you since then until school," he muttered.

you shook your head, your teary eyes looking into his. 

"you hurt me," you said. "because you thought that i was cheating on you when you had no proof. but proof or not, you should not have done something like that to someone that you loved, no matter what. you told me over and over again that you loved me and you wanted to marry me and you wanted me to have our children so that you could fullfill your dream of being a dad. but then, that night, you decided to fuck it up all with one hand motion and ever since then, i cannot be around you anymore without being overwhelmed with every emotion from that night piling back up on top of me. and the fact that you don't remember that is what hurts the absolute most because i feel like someone would, and should, remember that type of shit. goodbye, andy. do not ever come back to my house again," you said, your eyes avoiding his now as you opened the door and started to walk back inside. 

"hey, look," he started, grabbing your wrist tightly once more as you yanked it out of his hold. you let it linger briefly outside the comfort of your sleeve in the cold in order to erase the burning hot feeling of his skin previously on yours before covering your wrist once more. "i mean, there's gotta be something that i can do to fix this, right?" 

you shook your head. 

"go home, andy," you muttered, shutting and locking the door as you leaned against it, waiting to hear if he was leaving at all. you finally heard him walk down the porch steps and down the driveway towards his car. you heard the car start, and you then felt safe enough to get up and go back up to your bedroom where you quietly shut the door. 

you picked up your phone, hesitating before dialing eddie's number. 

"eddie?" you asked, hearing the shake in your own voice. "can you please come over?" 

he replied with a yes before hanging up and you set the phone down, going back to your bed as you sat up and stared at the wall. 
-

"he seriously came over?" eddie asked once more, holding you closely to him in the bed. you nodded, holding back onto him as he hummed into your hair in the silence of your bedroom. you could hear your dad mulling around downstairs to get ready for work, whereas you were still so shaken up from seeing andy that you were focused on your boyfriend. 

"he's not doing well, i can tell," you muttered.

"you can tell?" eddie asked. 

"he just seems off, i think it's because i'm dating you," you replied back as he nodded, letting out a small hum before pressing another kiss to your forehead. 

"you don't understand how much you mean to me, and how badly i need to protect you," he responded, causing you to smile to  yourself as you held back onto him. 

"please just hold me until i fall asleep," you responded as eddie nodded, tightening his hold around you. 

"of course i will, princess."