ARGUMENTATIVE RULES

author's note: IT'S OCTOBER WHICH MEANS THAT LIFE WILL BE OKAY!
-

you put your hands to your head, blocking out the lights from outside as the sound of the television in the background was loud to your mind. rolling over, you noticed somebody sleeping beside you on the small bed that was made from two couches pushed together. you blinked a few times, trying to get your vision back to being normal and as soon as you realized who it was, you scrambled to get up from the bed. 

this woke the person up.

"hey, hey, what's wrong?" they mumbled as they slowly sat up, but you were already scrambling to grab your pants before trying to hurry out of the room. the person quickly got up, rushing over and blocking the door as you avoided looking at them. 

"where you going so soon?" he asked as you tried to get him to move, but finally gave up.

"what the hell did we do last night? did we do anything? why am i here? did you bring me here?" you began rambling off questions as andy shook his head. 

"did we do anything?" you repeated yourself, your eyes looking into his with slight fear. andy debated the idea of lying, you could see him tossing it around as you shook your head, trying to move past him once more but he grabbed your wrists and shook his head. 

"look, you came to me because you were upset over the freak or some shit," he said as you furrowed your eyebrows. 

"why would i come to you if something happened with eddie?" you questioned. 

"because you were upset and you know, we did date at one point," he muttered as your head began pounding more. you were confused, unsure about why you would be in the same bed as him without pants on. 

"did we do anything," you stated, looking down towards the floor as you took your wrists out of his hands. 

"no," he muttered. you could hear that he was upset about it, but you really didn't care. you had a boyfriend, you were happy. yet, right now, you were confused. 

"i need to go," you told him, pushing him out of the way as you rushed out of the front door of the building and beginning to walk over to where you saw your car. you definitely came here of your own free will, but why?

climbing into the car, you quickly slid your pants on before starting it and driving to eddie's trailer.
-

you knocked multiple times on the door of the trailer, finally seeing him open it.

"_______? where the hell did you go?" he asked, bringing you inside as you felt tears pricking your eyes as you stared up at him. he observed your body, making sure you weren't hurt from what he could see. 

"what happened last night?" you asked in nearly a whisper. 

"we got into a fight over some dumb bullshit on me selling and then you stormed off to cool down and i don't really know where you went from there," he said. 

"did we do anything together before that?" you asked. 

"i mean, you hung out here before then, but we didn't do much besides what we normally do," he replied, furrowing his eyebrows. "where did you go last night, you're worrying me."

"i don't remember what happened. all i remember is that i woke up on the couch in the basketball team's little get together place," you started, not wanting to say the next couple of parts. "and i woke up, um, next to andy," you started, speaking the words slowly. "without my pants."

he let go of you immediately. 

"no, no, eddie, look," you began. "we didn't do anything, i didn't feel any sort of pain or anything but i don't know why i went there. i know when he's lying, i can tell, and i didn't see him lying when i asked him if we had done something together." 

eddie's eyes slowly walked back over to you, seeing how your eyes were looking up at him. 

"_______, you know that i would never go back to my ex after an argument, it's just, it's hard to trust," he started, seeing your heart breaking before his very eyes. he hated this conversation, he really did. "i think i just need some time."

you nodded slowly, looking down towards the ground. 

"i'm sorry," you muttered, the tears starting to spill out of your eyes. you refused to look up at him. "i'm sorry," you repeated once more. 

eddie sighed, hoping it would get your attention but you were refusing to look at him after what was going on. 

"i didn't do anything with him, but i was stupid and i understand," you said softly. 

"it's just the trust, _______. you know him better than me, but you told me so much about how bad he was. and yet you still went to him after our fight?" he asked gently, he was processing everything. 

"it was a response from right after i broke up with him, eddie. you know that he had me in a loop of guilt and being gaslit into believing he was my only source of reason," you muttered. 

he nodded slowly, taking all of it into consideration as you slowly met his eyes. 

"look, we can work through this, i know we can," he said, about to start the second sentence but you cut him off by shoving yourself into his arms as you held onto him. he held back onto you, feeling your body shake as he pressed his hands tighter onto your back to keep you from feeling unsafe. "i think we just need to figure out how to set a little bit more boundaries for argument sakes."

you nodded. 

"okay," you told him. "can we start with trying to talk to each other rather than storming out or giving the other person the silent treatment?" 

he nodded, pressing a brief kiss to the side of your head.

"we both have things to work on, but we'll work on them together," he muttered as you nodded, feeling his hands pressing into your back as you smiled, enjoying the feeling.